• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce alternator showing overcharging

meindl

alternator showing overcharging

In my Deuce, the alternator showing and sounds different when the gauge shows its overcharging. This seems to only happen when I'm wheeling down the road at 55 m.p.h. give or take a m.p.h. I can hear something whining away under the hood, then check my gauges and I see the alternator gauge in the red. I can shut of the accs. switch for 10 seconds or so the whine goes away imediately, and turn it back on and all seems fine. This has happend 3x when I went to to town and back the other day. Any ideas? It seems fine at slower speeds.
Thanks Meindl

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i think the sound of the whine is the typical sound alternators make when charging. something is making it go to fill charge. i would guess it is the voltage regulator is messing up. i know someplaces online you can get new ones, but it requires soldering the old one off and the new one on.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also agree that the voltage regulator may be on the fritz.

Before doing anything loadtest your batteries toi make sure you don't have a bad cell in one of them.

PS. Moved the thread to the Deuce forum for better coverage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks