• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce and 5 ton in Georgia combat zone

rdixiemiller

All
A link that was sent to me by a good friend, a retired Army tanker who saw combat in Viet Nam. This is a Russian website I believe, showing the recent Russian/Georgian combat. There are some pretty graphic pics, so keep the kids away from this. Pics 75-80 I believe show a deuce and a half, and a 5 ton with an expansible van. they were apparently captured by the Russians when they were abandoned by the Georgians.
The question is, how did they end up where they are?

http://www.navoine.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=551

ida34

Georgia is considered an ally so I would bet we sold, loaned, or gave the trucks to them. There was a thread a few weeks ago that had the Russians driving some pilfered Humvees home.

Capt.Marion

Re: RE: Deuce and 5 ton in Georgia combat zone

EvilDiesel67 said:
picture 55 or 56 looks like guy on the right is wearing ARPAT??? Is it that or just my eyes?
Yeah, I coulda sworn that was MARPAT he was wearing. But then again, considering all the websites that sell the knock-offs of that stuff. The only way to tell if its genuine is whether there are any tiny EGAs in the camouflage pattern...

I believe the conclusion on these trucks from the other thread was that they either were loaned on a government agreement, or sold to the Georgian government.

williamh

Re: RE: Deuce and 5 ton in Georgia combat zone

EvilDiesel67 said:
picture 55 or 56 looks like guy on the right is wearing ARPAT??? Is it that or just my eyes?

looks like the army's ACU (Army Combat Uniform ) pattern .. and it would be the MARPAT pattern (short for MARine PATtern) those are the current patterns, other than the old style woodland pattern .

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Deuce and 5 ton in Georgia combat zone

One Guy for sure is wearing an ACU top They look pretty much like they overpowered the Georgian Soldiers that one picture showed a LAW rocket that is for sure US armament. I think this is reminisant of Hitlers Soldiers running over Poland or any of the other countries they ran over. Pictures of our efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan can look worse but for the most part are far better in the way we are helping the people there. 11 of 18 provinces have been taken over by the Iraqi Army or Police.

kcimb

Re: RE: Re: RE: Deuce and 5 ton in Georgia combat zone

Elwenil said:
Pic 26 definitely looks like MARPAT and ALTAMA style boots.
The marines did a lot of training with the Georgians before the war started...that would explain the Marpat. Evidently the Georgians like it.

Georgia's trying to modernize their military away from the Russian stuff they've been using forever (hand me downs from the warsaw pact). They have G36s, M4s, AK74s. MARPAT, BDUs..all sorts of gear. I have pictures of crates of new Bushmaster M4 rifles I might be able to post, aswell as a giant burn pile of Georgian gear. M240s, Negev LMGs, m4s, etc. Russkies threw them in a pile and torched them all, too much gear to loot and take home.

Russians also stole a few USMC hummvees from the ports that were waiting to be unloaded. Pictures of them being towed behind a BTR.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Deuce and 5 ton in Georgia combat zone

Georgian soldiers served with me in Iraq on missions. They are well dressed compared to the Russian soldiers and the Iraqi losers.

Thats what war looks like, very graphic - Most of us vets want to forget that.

Dang that is a 5 ton and a Duece

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks