• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce and 5-ton tonneau cover

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a thought, also for when shipping the truck. Does there exist a Deuce - 5-ton tonneau cover? What I mean is, if you are driving regularly without top in "cabrio"version, or want to ship the truck and like to have the lowest possible height, such a cover would be useful for storing outside and still keep the truck nice-looking, especially if it fits across the steering wheel or can be zipped in half so you can drive cabrio with the passenger side still covered as shown in the picture (with thanks for the website providing it).

tonneau.jpg

When raining or just hopping inside for a coffee, it would cover some protection and save work on taking the soft top off and putting it back on. While driving, you would leave the rear part attached, and roll up the rest and put behind the seats.

examples for British sports car

emr

:shock: would be more trouble than its worth that high in air and that long and that wide, but the trucks do have a really really cool tanneau cover , the bows are just a little higher... [thumbzup] and U can use the space under this one.... In my opinion as good as U made it sound its not going to be that easy to use and will not with stand the test of time, my 7 cents on this one.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, but doesn't mean it can't be done.
Right, made bikini tops and "tonneau" covers from canvas and left-over cargo cover since neither existed for my trucks.
Used silicone adhesive and rivets (eyelets) only, no stitching involved.

Attachments

Jake0147

For shipping, I can't help.
For storage without a top installed...

Go to the local home improvement store. Grab two sticks of crappy canadian 2X3 in the eight foot length. Get eight foot, not the precuts. Then grab an inexpensive 6X8 tarp in the least offensive color they have. A box of 1/8 inch fender washers as well if you don't have something, and a couple of sheet rock screws. The washer needs to hold a sheet rock screw, but be larger than the grommets in the tarp. Screw the eight foot boards to the eight foot sides of the tarp. Roll the tarp onto one of the boards for easy installation, and lay it over the windshield and unroll it to the back of the cab. Easy on, easy off.

Attachments

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Born, that looks neat. I will have to find some old canvas or just buy a few meters of new stuff, not that expensive.

Jake0147, saw your post after I replied; did not refresh the page in time. That's the super quick and dirty trick. I am using simple plastic tarps for that now in a similar way, but like to have something a bit nicer.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks