• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Deuce and a half or Half a Deuce?" I am new

Diesel Inside

Hi I am new to this hobby and am looking for some advise from knowledgeable deuce owners. Here is what I am contemplating, I either want a bobbed one or a stock one with the singles and 46''??? I think not sure if they will rub or not off road.

I dont want the truck to be a daily ride but would the extra work of bobbing it make it more benifitial in off road situation enough to benifit the work.

Also, does a bobbed duece do better off road since its lighter or would the 6x6 do better. Also can you put the bigger tires on the stock wheels?

*I have been reading through these posts here but just wanted some advice.

KsM715

6x6 offroad only depends on what type of terrain you want to run in. I can tell you the local ORV near me would be no fun at all in a full sized deuce. Wide open field with small hills, ruts and mud, sure 6x6 would be better.

Diesel Inside

And I forgot that I only want one huge truck to have simply as a toy ha, yeah I would prob leave it 6x6 but I dont know the bobbed ones can look so good. How hard is it to move the battery boxes and fuel tank to bed? I think on a bobbed one this is what I would want with cutting the front fender down and sculping the front bumper down. Also does dropping all the weight and 1 axle pep them up pretty good enough to be able to actually drive it unlike a tractor? I know this depends on the engine and whether its turbo or not.

And what is w/w and all that jive?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Bobbing is not a job for the faint of heart and thin of wallet unless you have excellent fab skills, a good shop and some expert design input.

A butcher job will get you or somebody else killed.

Next best thing is a standard deuce with super single radials up to about 395's.

I'm bi-deuceual.....I like bobbers and stock trucks.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bobbing is not a job for the faint of heart and thin of wallet unless you have excellent fab skills, a good shop and some expert design input.

A butcher job will get you or somebody else killed.

Next best thing is a standard deuce with super single radials up to about 395's.

I'm bi-deuceual.....I like bobbers and stock trucks.
WM Woud you have admitted being bi-deuceual when "Don't ask, don't tell" was if effect? :D