• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce and a half

HDN

I'd think the M44 and M45 trucks would have 95% parts commonality since the only difference would be the tires. I didn't realize the rims were different for the singled-out tires.

When you start talking about the A1 and A2 versions of everything, though, then you're talking gas vs. multifuel motors. That's not to say that some guys in the Army might've repowered M34 trucks with multifuels, and may have put dual wheels on the rear axles in the process.

That said, my M35A3 is referred to as having an M44A3 chassis, so I guess an M44A2 may exist? Maybe I actually have an M34A3? Boy the Army sure likes consistency right? :p

Also @Shawnblair , can you please post some pictures of your new-to-you truck?

Shawnblair

I'd think the M44 and M45 trucks would have 95% parts commonality since the only difference would be the tires. I didn't realize the rims were different for the singled-out tires.

When you start talking about the A1 and A2 versions of everything, though, then you're talking gas vs. multifuel motors. That's not to say that some guys in the Army might've repowered M34 trucks with multifuels, and may have put dual wheels on the rear axles in the process.

That said, my M35A3 is referred to as having an M44A3 chassis, so I guess an M44A2 may exist? Maybe I actually have an M34A3? Boy the Army sure likes consistency right? :p

Also @Shawnblair , can you please post some pictures of your new-to-you truck?

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yes same suspension. Your picture shows a M45 chassis truck, Air Force faded blue.
It reminds me of some of my earliest personal vehicles - where the tires were worth more than the vehicle.
On the other hand, it looks like it is hauling those rims and wheels just fine to me!

HDN

Are you just looking at the truck? The data plate on the glovebox cover should tell you for sure what the truck is.

I think everything besides the wheels and tires of the M34 are the same as an M35, engine and transmission differences aside with the A1s and A2s.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks