• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce and Starfighter

Hi together,

last evening I took the Deuce to a foto session with a Starfighter.

Enjoy,
Mark

Attachments

Mt Doom Field Owner

Nice photos! Got any more of those 15' GI Whip antenna's lying around? I have not seen them mounted on the deuce like that before but assume that's how they are normally mounted? I have several powerful Cobra CB radios in the basement that I could use to equip my new M35A2 with car-to-car communication, but these days hardly anyone uses the CB band anymore. At my paintball field we all use the tiny FRS/GMRS fm radios for communication but I like the look of a big long VHF whip on the MVs.

MDFO, these are swiss military antennas, which consist of stock US parts except for the tip (as far as I can judge that). The set has two tips, one with a tie-down ring at the end and one completly rubberized for the short setup without the tie-down.

Look at http://www.steelsoldiers.com/military-radios-other-electronics/19901-antennaset-fa-412-a.html

They are very cheap over here, it seems that nobody wants swiss equipment. I only mounted them because I don't have any other antennas right now.

Jeremy, the weather is very humid and thunderstormy !

Cheers,
Mark

Thanks, guys.
Roscoe, it is said that vehicles of the 8th transport group, operating in Vietnam, were marked that way so company commanders could identify their vehicles from above when riding in choppers. I've seen pictures off all sorts of 8th gp vehicles with yellow noses, M37, Jeeps, 5tons, etc.

Cheers,
Mark

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks