• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce and www.steelsoldiers.com on SurvivalBlog

O.D. Fever

Wow, I wish I would have thought of that. He failed to mention that they will run on waste motor oil, Hydralic fluid, Transmision fluid, fryer grease ect. I wish my moped had a Multi.:smile:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He said one could go anywhere a Jeep could go but failed to add the caveat "with the appropriate overhead clearance." I can put a Jeep in my shop or drive through the oak trees on my property in one but to do that with my deuce would cause damage to one or the other.

The other consideration for a deuce as a "Bug Out" vehicle is that it will draw a lot more attention than I'd think you would want in that kind of situation. Kind of like a big neon sign saying "Hey I've got all kinds of cool stuff. Try to rob me."

Mine still does 90+ at least once a week :grd:

Although Id love to know where he gets this comparison... Those survival guys can be quite wacky, I believe in surviving the shot and all, but I wonder how the people who make it their life to prepare for something that has an equal chance of never happening stay sane...

Preacherboy

I think it is appropriate to store up something for "just in case", in fact my deuce is my "just in case" vehicle, but it doesn't just sit around for that purpose only. It is also a great hobby! It is enjoyable to be in parades and all kinds of stuff like that, but I don't think we should knock someone who wants to be prepared, and undoubtedly some of those folks will be visiting this site so we should be careful not to "run them off" because we might just get some new guys to hang out with.

I used to frequent survivalistboards, but now I am here all the time and doing things to be prepared has been put on my back burner because messing around with OD is way more fun...and I have all the food and supplies one should reasonably have anyway.

If they start discussing survival and get off topic from MV, a simple reminder to stay on topic should be sufficient. I'm sure some of them think we are wacky for having 2,3,4 or even 10 MV...they probably think "what is the purpose?" Everyone has hobbies, whether it is hunting, prepping, or army trucks...as we always say it is better than drugs for a hobby.

Last edited:

bkwudzhom

I have frequented survivalist boards as well and although there are those that like to wear the proverbial tinfoil hat, There are many who are involved just to learn what they can do to "survive" in todays economy. Mostly I have seen them as people trying to be prepare for emergiencies and be more self sufficient. Whats wrong with that?

There is a certian amount of "prepper" in most of us here. Look at the basics. Spare tires,extra parts, and fluids are a mainstay for recovery/road trips of any kind. How many of us have spare cash for "rainy days". Or what about the money we spend on insurance each year-just in case-and how often do we really use it. How many of us have used our vehicles/equipment to help out during local emergengies? Katrina come to mind? If a bad storm comes through, is it bad that you have prepared and have a mep unit standing by to keep you home powered? If a heavy blizzard hits, is it bad that you have prepared ahead of time and have a couple of weeks of food on hand for your family? If it is safe to say that we are a family oriented site then how can we look down on others who are doing what they think is best for their families. In doing so how can anyone complain that some one other than "us" have chosen MV's due to their useful characteristics. For what ever reason the MV is chosen to be used in whatever capacity, I think it is a high point to this site and the members that support it that of all the information on the www this has become known as the "the place" to gain knowledge for MV's of all types. If that is not proof that SS is respected for being a solid foundation for free educational information then what is? Isn't that kinda the point?

Any way-enough of my rambling just my 2cents

And on a side note-JUST IN CASE- the hood breaks in to riot mode again like has in the past and the wife along with a couple of co workers are afraid to leave work because they are in the middle of it--you can bet you sweet hiney I will be driving something green through the hood to pick them up--and it won't be the Saturn. It has happened in the past but now I am better prepared.

Heavysteven

Ok, a little rant from Heavy on this survivalist thing.

The reason the power and water stays on is not just luck. Hard working Americans in our utility companies all work every day to ensure this "teeweekey" will never happen :roll:. Along with utility contractors like myself.

Deuce = toy in my case:mrgreen:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The reason the power and water stays on is not just luck. Hard working Americans in our utility companies all work every day to ensure this "teeweekey" will never happen :roll:. Along with utility contractors like myself.
1st - Thanks for keeping the power on. I prefer that to $3/gal diesel going through my MEP003A.

2nd - Maybe you have a little insider knowledge as to what the utility companies are doing to prep for another Carrington Event (which even NASA says is coming).

3rd - For all you preppers that bought silver at $17.50/oz back in June it just crossed $27.50/oz. Not bad for a 5 month investment.

exbrown

The other consideration for a deuce as a "Bug Out" vehicle is that it will draw a lot more attention than I'd think you would want in that kind of situation. Kind of like a big neon sign saying "Hey I've got all kinds of cool stuff. Try to rob me."

It also shouts loudly "May be armed and ready".

I would think that most people, even the bad guys would think about that.

Atomic

3rd - For all you preppers that bought silver at $17.50/oz back in June it just crossed $27.50/oz. Not bad for a 5 month investment.
Agreed, but also invested in my garden! (and my bug out deuce)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks