• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Antenna mount

Lonekazoo

Just recovered an M109A3, and was happy to find an antenna mast and sugar scoop installed, in the location that you guys are talking about, behind the cab.

On a side note, anyone recognize the mount? It has a single BNC connector underneath, with no tuning knob, so it's not a an MX-6707. I'm hoping to put a 2m whip on it (the van is already too tall, so what's another six feet or so?)

Attachments

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lonekazoo, looks like an AS-3916 antenna base. These cover the same freq. range as the
AS-1729 (MX-6707 base w/mast sections becomes AS-1729) They are used with Singars
radios but will work with others in the same range just check the SWR match to see that you are not reflecting to much power back at the radio.
popacom / BILL in KY.8)

P.S these use a shorter steel one piece mast section and are refered to as a "HIGH BLAST AREA"
antenna, mainly used originally on tanks and self propelled guns but won favor on others due to their shorter height. Less hassle with overhead obstructions Than the AS-3900 or AS-1729.

Lonekazoo

Thanks, popacom! Now just need to find the spring and antenna element. Looks like it's rated for 30-80Mhz or so, so 2m is out, now where did I put that CB I stashed away 20 years ago...

nchittendon

As far as the pole mounted ones are concerned.......isn't proper grounding important with these radios/antennas? I would think just clamping it to a pole wouldn't be sufficient enough, even with the one ground strap. Am I wrong thinking this way?

amgeneral72

Thanks, popacom! Now just need to find the spring and antenna element. Looks like it's rated for 30-80Mhz or so, so 2m is out, now where did I put that CB I stashed away 20 years ago...

I have the spring and the wire your looking for. I just have to dig it out. Its all packed up for the GA rally.

Last edited: