• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Articulation

Josh

Well as some of you may know, I drive my truck almost every day, and use it for what it was intended. I haul lots of crap all the time offroad, I wanted to test to see how much artiulation the deuce really had. Ive sene some videos that showed it was decent, but I never really seem the truck flexed all the way out. Well that changed wednesday and I have to say, I was amazed how much flex these trucks really have. The pictures dont really give it justice. I need a bigger hill next time.

If any of ya have pictures of you truck in flex out possition, lets see it.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The engineers at Reo, back in 1949, were way ahead of their time. If you have any weak dogbone bushings, you will be made aware of them very soon!

While these pics really don't show much flex, they did amaze the non MV crowd at the races. Little story about the winch on the M35A2. I got that winch kit off of a 53 Reo many years ago and installed it on that truck. When I sold the truck, I kept the winch kit. I ended up installing it on the M275A2 pictured there with it. When I sold the M275A2 the buyer didn't want it. I removed it and installed the winch itself on my 1953 Stude M108 replacing the basketcase winch that was on it. The rest of the kit with a newer winch is now on my 72 M35A2C. I've owned that winch longer than any deuce I've had.

Oh, by the way. Pictured left to right; JW4x4, my oldest son Christopher (18 now) and my buddy Mike (frequents the GA Rally)

Attachments

Last edited:

undysworld

I don't have pictures (technically challenged), but I use mine to haul firewood regularly. One trail requires us to cross a ditch diagonally. The truck performs admirably. But it does have one funny characteristic: As I cross the ditch, the hood gives one enormous BANG. (It appears to have previously flown open at speed, as it's dented already.)

I agree: best truck ever made.

jasonjc

In alot of these pic's i see the stock 9.00's touching the bed. So how is it that some say the 46" tires fit and don't rub????

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In alot of these pic's i see the stock 9.00's touching the bed. So how is it that some say the 46" tires fit and don't rub????
The engineers in 1949 were way ahead of us on this design. For example, the crossmembers under the bed are place so that at full articulation, the tires actually go up under the edge of the bed but don't contact the bed floor or crossmembers.

What about the trucks with 11.00X20s? Again, these guys musta ate a good breakfast. The M34 wheels had that extra inch offset to move the tires out a bit. It was still in far enough that at extreme articulation, the shorter overall width of the axle compensated for the extra height of the tire. If the factory bumpstops are in place, the tires will not contact anything. 46" tires that don't rub, haven't seen the deuces extreme articulation capability.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
46" tires rub big time in the front when you go off road! My inner fenders where the louvers are, are almost destroyed.

RAYZER

I don't have pictures (technically challenged), but I use mine to haul firewood regularly. One trail requires us to cross a ditch diagonally. The truck performs admirably. But it does have one funny characteristic: As I cross the ditch, the hood gives one enormous BANG. (It appears to have previously flown open at speed, as it's dented already.)

I agree: best truck ever made.[/quote

mine does that also!

tm america

they have the best suspension of any truck out there in my opinion. i have yet to flex it to the point where i'm pulling a tire of the ground.and believe me i have tried everything.even the unimog doesnt have anything on the deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks