• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce at work, with friend

jdr2710

Drove the deuce to work today, in honor of the Air Force Academy graduation. My brother drove his 1992 H1 Hummer. They make for a fine pair in the parking lot. The troop seats should make a nice spot to sit and watch the Thunderbirds do their air show. Work is right across the highway from the Falcons stadium, so the air show is in a perfect position for us.

Attachments

MDSA

They sure look good. A match made in Heaven.

In 2 years my son will be graduating from the Air Force Academy. It's way too far to drive my Deuce - 1500 miles - but I plan to be out there most of that week; maybe we can get together and give rides or something to some of the grads in my sons squad. We'll see what 2 years bring.

Thanx for the pics

jdr2710

They sure look good. A match made in Heaven.

In 2 years my son will be graduating from the Air Force Academy. It's way too far to drive my Deuce - 1500 miles - but I plan to be out there most of that week; maybe we can get together and give rides or something to some of the grads in my sons squad. We'll see what 2 years bring.

Thanx for the pics
That'd be fun for all concerned!

The show just finished, very impressive as always. A few of their passes took them right over the top of our building, one time quite close at high speed so that I could feel the vibration down to the soles of my feet! The trees were too tall on the edge of the lot, so we didn't watch the show from the back, but lots of pics taken with the kiddies. The deuce was definitely a big hit, one 5 year old got an extra thrill as I had him hit the air horn, which also resulted in quite a thrill for the people loading their SUV 15 feet away!

Akicita

I also took my Deuce to work today - but for an entirely different reason. My regular car was in the shop. So I climbed into the Deuce and fired her up.

The DOT had set up a roadside inspection site on my way. My Deuce is camo and I wore green. The DOT spotter guy saw me coming and even I had to stop at the traffic light where he was standing but he didn't wave me over.

I parked in the back of the parking lot where I work. My boss came over later smiling from one ear to the other, "Is THAT you new truck in the parking lot ?" My boss' son is into MV's, so......

When I looked out the window on my lunch break, I saw a security guard and a grounds keeper checking the truck out. Seems everyone but the DOT guy enjoyed the Deuce.

srodocker

i drive my deuce to work every cpl weeks except latley cause shes getting ready for paint. but i always get thumbs up on the way there since its a 25mi commute. and everyone at work loves it except one guy who swears i need a extra license...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks