• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce auction results, for me.

JohnnyReb

Well, I feel better... actually did look at the truck....it cranked and ran but was not allowed to move it. There will be others...

As a matter of fact, got my present truck from Joe and have never regretted it....just wish he had the opportunity to buy and sell like he did in the 90's. Someone you could depend on....

Lee Alessi

iirc GL's contract ends in 2008

maybe it will get better, then again GL is selling trucks for more than before, so from a monetary standpoint they are getting DRMO more money. so i doubt the contract will end... my .02

codedsolutions

The one thing I don't understand is how stuff can sell on GSA for so much less? I really do think GL engages in "ghost" bidding to jack up the prices, especially on high demand items like m35's. I just think the whole principle of allowing one company to make all kinds of profit from military surplus is wrong. The old DRMO was at least fair and had no profit motive.

GL will probably get the contract renewed, unless it is given to a small disadvantaged business owned by a minority female leper with a peg-leg & eyepatch...

Lee Alessi

i dont like gl because you cant figure our who you are bidding against. i also believe in they employ ghost bidders.

gsa is cheaper because thier stuff posts and auctions immediately. also GSA stuff has been picked over by other agencies, that leaves the rough stuff behind. after keeping stuff on the lot a year then it auctions.....

Desert Rat

GL is a for profit only corporation without regard for the DRMOs. They do not share any profit with Uncle Sam except in levied taxes. All the stuff I have GL paid less than .01 pennies on the dollar for and magnified that by ghost bidding and such. I'm just waiting for something to happen. Trust me, it will.

Lee Alessi

Excess DoD property is first offered for reutilization within the DoD, transfer to other federal agencies or donated to other qualified organizations before being declared surplus. All DRMS usable property that is declared surplus (within the categories covered by the CV2 contract) will be sold online and offline by Government Liquidation. The proceeds will be split at a predetermined percentage between DRMS and Government Liquidation, LLC.

they BOTH apparently benifit from ghost bidders, i know i was ghost bid on my tranny

MVtrucker

Thanks for the compliments, fellows.
As far as the truck running, that's only a fraction of what could be wrong with the truck. I've had to replace/repair more than one motor, clutch, transmission, transfer case, Sprag and loads of other stuff. Sometimes multiple major problems on a truck. I did note in the pics a unique method of mounting the heater. Instead of mounting plates, it appears to be bolted to the fender splash pan. I didn't see where the air inlet is located. Since NJ wouldn't accept GL's paperwork to get a title, none of GL's trucks are worth more then scrap/parts to me. I always got clean paperwork from DRMO and didn't have to deal with Buyers Fees and double sales tax. Back then, I'd land as many as twelve trucks on a sale. In recent times, I was lucky to get one or two and paid too much for them, considering repair costs.
As for the DRMO trucks in the nineties, I only encountered one truck with a major problem, a froze motor. Only one base that I went to allowed starting the trucks, this one came from McGuire and I couldn't try a start. Once in a while I'd have to replace an alternator, glass or do seat repairs, but I could drive most home.
It's my understanding that the government gets 80% of the sale price, plus the amount GL originally paid.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my honest opinion, $4K for that truck was WAY too much. That definitely was an older truck...as evidenced by the headlights (lower) and the fact that it has the sprag t-case. The only reason the truck went that high was because it looked pretty and had a vinyl cargo cover.

GL vs. GSA...trucks on GSA go lower because not as many people know about them AND the trucks have been in civilian hands. Many of the trucks have been used hard and have been "civilianized" (wiring, lights, etc.). At least that has been my personal experience. This does not mean that you cannot get a stock truck from GSA, though.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I thought the buyers premium paid on top of the purchase price was the actual fee that GL gets and the rest goes back to the government, am I wrong? I was also confused when I saw the purchase price listed on my SF-97 form ($103), is that what GL bought the truck for from the government before it was resold for thousands more at auction. I have always thought they had a way of seeing which bidder had the highest reserve then jacked the price up just below the highest bidders max. Im sure theres a law against that somewhere. Its a conspiracy. :yeah:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks