• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Battries

WyoDeuce

Buy the wall-mart ones. $77 each. I put them in deuces all the time and have had them in mine for 3 years. They start fine in even the coldest weather. ( I started at -39 this past winter here in Wyoming) Buy a pack of el-cheapo ratchet straps while you are at it. Use 1 strap to wrap around the 2 batteries holding them together as 1 unit. Use another strap or 2 to hold the unit down in the battery box. Cheap, simple and effective. You don't have to modify anything so if you sell your truck to a purist it is still stock millitary spec. if they want millitary batteries instead.

Chevyman_15237

I just put 2 new Deka 6TMF batteries in my deuce... list price is around $200, I got mine for $160 a pop. I thought about doing car batteries myself, but they arent built to the same spec as the stock batteries. The way my deuce shakes, rattles and vibrates I wanted something heavy duty that would last... Not trying to say car batteries wouldn't work; thats just the route I decided to take!

kipman

The interstate Econo battery's that are in my deuce going on 4 years, and my partner has them in over 75 of his trucks, deuce and 5 tons. I do not like the military 6TL battery's, they do not like to be discharged.

70deuce

I also have the Walmart $77 batteries in my deuce and BV206. They have been in he BV for 5 years and have always started it up with no problems after sitting for months. Same for the deuce. For the deuce I bolted 2 marine/rv battery trays to the bottom of the battery box. They each have nylon straps that hold the batteries in place. Fairly cheap mod to do. Has a pretty clean look also. I'll add some pictures shortly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks