• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Bed Questions

Reborn756

Howdy folks! Looking at getting an old Ford tilt cab and had the idea of putting a Deuce bed on it. Hoping you knowledgeable folks here could give me some details on how heavy the Deuce bed is, how exactly it mounts to the Deuce frame, and what the external dimensions of the bed are.

Truck is a single 16,000LB DRW axle. 23,000 GVWR. I assume a Deuce is near this number since most states allow them to be driven without a Class A? Think this would be a viable option to convert the "Medium Duty" C600 into what would amount to a Class 6 Pickup?

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Inside dimensions are about 8' x 12' which is convenient for a pickup. You can fit everything in it on one trip.

Mounts to the frame in three places on each side. Forward mount is a spring bolt to allow for frame flex.

I would say it weighs about 2500 lbs. Others probably have more accurate numbers.

Reborn756

Thanks for the reply Tom! That's what I was thinking: Bed that big would make for a pretty darn useful setup, and I don't think it'd look to bad on there. Lots of times these trucks are chopped and F350 beds are put on them. Messes the proportions all up and the beds just look ugly shape wise paired with these cabovers.

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought mine because it gets about the same basic mileage as a gas F250 and has a bigger bed. Also because I always wanted one.

Downside as we all know is the height of the bed from the ground. But even new pickups seem to be getting taller and taller every year.

I had 40 2x4x12, 12 sheets of 5/8x4x8 drywall, 6 regular studs, two door slabs and two hung doors in the back last week and it barely was over the sides.

One trip to get it all.

Wife made me go to pickup a kitchen table, 6 chairs, and a big bench. One trip.

Loveseat and couch with ottoman. One trip. No stacking or weird stuff needed.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Inside dimensions are about 8' x 12' which is convenient for a pickup. You can fit everything in it on one trip.

Mounts to the frame in three places on each side. Forward mount is a spring bolt to allow for frame flex.

I would say it weighs about 2500 lbs. Others probably have more accurate numbers.
It's lighter than that. 5ton beds are about 2000lbs. Sorry I don't have a closer number for a deuce bed.

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Says #1400 lbs. here. I should have thought to look it up yesterday it is right on this site already.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks