• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce bed weight?

jluv1185

How much does a deuce bed weigh? I maybe hauling a deuce pretty soon on a gooseneck. The bed is missing and I was wondering if anyone knows the weight of just the bed so I can get an idea of what my load will be. I know a complete deuce weighs around 13,500.

Thanks,
Justin

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where is your tag located? I looked on mine, and couldn't find squat.
It was in a picture in another thread don't remember which one . But it was on the front of the bed .

edit ; 2310 01 119 8838 Body Cargo 1ea 8/86 WT 1820 CU 235.0 DM L153 W 96 H 30

Last edited:

Jake0147

I could be wrong, but I think the only beds that were tagged that way were the upfit parts for the cab and chassis trucks. Otherwise they'd simply have been inclusive within the dash mounted data tag.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One could also refer to TM 9-2320-361-10 and check the weight of a chassis/cab since that is what you will have once the bed is removed.

bigjmcconnell

I can't answer specifically on the bed weight but this load weighed 25,520 lbs gross (there are 3 generators, a 20K winch and 6 axle assemblies on there too)

I guess my point is, I wouldn't be afraid to haul one on a gooseneck, just take your time and be careful.:grd:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We bought our Deuce as a Cab & Chassis only, so I speak from "experience"....

To best answer a thread titled: "DEUCE BED WEIGHT?", let me say this.....

If you're going to be going OFF-ROAD, the Deuce Bed can carry a chick who weighs UP TO 2-1/2 TONS (that's 5,000 POUNDS if your'e weighing her on a bathroom scale.)

BUT, if you plan on staying on only PAVED ROADS, you can tweak your Big Girl Magnet to home in on ANY BABES that DO NOT EXCEED 5-TONS (or 10,000 lbs).

BTW: If you go for the really big beauties, I'd recommend checking her out at the Truck Scales located at your nearest Grain Elevator or Scrap Yard.

:doh:2cents

If your sweety tips the scale (over), then she'll prolly bust your Bed Frame and Springs, so you need to kick the REALLY BIG ONES outta your Deuce Bed.

Hope that answer helps.

Last edited:

jluv1185

I can't answer specifically on the bed weight but this load weighed 25,520 lbs gross (there are 3 generators, a 20K winch and 6 axle assemblies on there too)

I guess my point is, I wouldn't be afraid to haul one on a gooseneck, just take your time and be careful.:grd:
What size goosie do you have?...I see the 7k axles

bigjmcconnell

Its a 20 ft deck and 4 ft convertable dovetail. And yes 7K axles. I was at the limit with that load. Maybe a little over, but it hauled great. I would have liked to have the braking that comes with tandem duals though.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unbolt it, chain it to a tree and drive away. :grd:

:ditto:

As you start to ease out from under the bed, chunk some old tires under the Long Rails (Chassis width) for the bed to land on. When the tailgate is on the ground, chunk some more tires under the mid- and front- bed frame too. They will cushion the fall and allow you to get some timbers under the bed for lifting it later.

:grd::grd:[thumbzup]

hellrayzor1

I don't know the wieght but it cant be too extreme. I have taken mine off too many times already doing frame mods and paint. I use a cherry picker (engine hoist) on each side in the middle and hook to a chain run down the center stake hole . Balances out fairly well, the tailgate adds just a bit extra to the rear but not bad. If you take the outside dually off the rear axle you can just drive out from under the bed without running the cherry picker legs over. I'll take a picture when I take it off next, prolly this weekend :(

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the easiest way (barring having some heavy equipment) is to use 4x4 cribbing and bottle jacks. I have a couple of 8 ton bottle jacks that come in very handy. What exactly are you planning to do once you take it off? If you are going to do work on it, you can jack it up and leave it on the cribbing and just drive out from under it. That leaves it up in the air so you can access the bottom for painting or rust work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks