• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Blasting truck

jrlee5

I'm wondering if anybody knows the capacity of the standard compressor on a deuce and what kind of sustained pressure it can supply. I'm looking to run an airline from my gladhand to supply air to a blasting tank for mobile sandblasting. Any specs would be a great help. Trying to decide if I'll be working the pump too hard and if it'd be better to run a pump off of the p.t.o or something along those lines or if i can get away with utilizing the standard pump to fill an accessory tank mounted in the back of the truck to supply air. Thanks for any help

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You won't just work the pump too hard, you won't get any work done. The air compressor on trucks is like the compressors they make to run nail guns. High pressure, low volume. For painting and blasting you need a high volume air compressor.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You would go broke using a 6 cylinder diesel engine to run a sandblasting rig with a tiny air compressor....even using alternative fuel.

There are big compressors suitable for sand blasting on GL occasionally.