• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce brake light switch is mia

ctmustang

been searching for the brake light switch on the deuce cant find it -danggggggggg. looked on front of air pack around the master cylinder not even any wires in these areas. airpack doesnt look like it has been off for a long time. under the dash in the airline to the front axle air switch is a two wire switch that looks like a teed in switch. any idea . is there somewhere else it might be hiding. after 23 years as a professional auto mechanic this is a mystery to me !!!!but also a differant ball game. a learning exp. thanks for any ideas.:cry:

BEASTMASTER

maybe ,just maybe, someone put one off a 5 ton on it. if so an airline will come off the airpack and go to the inside of the frame rail up under the drivers door to the switch. just a thought.

ctmustang

deuce brake light switch

ill look somemore--does anyone have a picture of the deuce air pack installed? also wandering if it has been changed to something else.:roll:

charlietango

its original is fluid actuated and threads in on the front side of the hydraulic res under the cab if I remember correctly . it is a 2 prong harness enclosed in a rubber sleeve. my original switch was brass in color and I found the how to in the TM on the old site .

if you find it change her quick once it is unthreaded as the fluid will give you an unexpected shower under there :)
I will get a picture tomorrow for you

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The switch that uses the brake line hydraulic pressure has been accused of suddenly blowing apart (or otherwise failing in the plastic component) while braking and leaving one with little or no brakes. That is the reason forthe change to the air-operated one.

martin

Hi
There was no switch connected when I bought my truck so I have fitted a switch from a motorcycle rear brake. It is actuated by a spring which is pulled when the brakes are applied. I secured the switch with a home made bracket to a hole in the chassis. Seems to work OK.
M

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IIRC, it is 1/8"-27, NPT.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks