• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce brake locks up on reverse

54reo

OD Iron is who I ordered ALL of my brake rebuild stuff through, and I couldn't have been more pleased with the price and service!

There was a really nice (with TONS of pics) step-by-step write-up on the rebuilding of the bearing/brakes of the deuce on here...

dittle

Could be something flexing/moving due to the turn. If there is a pin broken off (or multiples) it may be riding fine until you can it to shift due to inertia. Just a thought......

Alex400

While we're all speculating, I'm gonna go with a detached lining shifting around in the drum and ocassionally climbing over the other shoe locking the wheel.
I was thinking of that as well. It happened on my old dirt bike and it locked up the wheel going backwards only since the leading edge of the shoe digs into the drum. This could be your problem.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Whatever came of this? I was doing a search this morning and read this thread and I don't see a resolution.

reom34

Well, most of the people who know me ,know my English is bad,very bad, but I will try to explain my experience about this problem.

My reo M34 had the same problem and the solution was to smooth the ends of the shoe brakes.
Why?
I dont know but now it is working perfect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks