• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Brakes

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a friend stuck in Pecos Texas with a hard brake pedal and the rear brakes smoking. Any ideas how to do a roadside repair to get him rolling again.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe open service side of air just a hair, to let vent.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the hotttest drum and disconnect the hydraulic line and plug it.
I had someone put tacks or small nails to seal off one of mine before. Head was perfect size to seal the line. Wondered why brakes wouldn't work.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had him back off the brake shoes a bit and let it cool down. Pedal is back to normal. He’s rolling again and will stop every 25-50 miles to reassess. He’s got 225 miles to go.
Does anyone know how much a bobbed deuce weighs in case we have to trailer it?

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you. He’s almost home with no more problems. We’ll flush everything out and inspect everything when he gets here.

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bleed hole in master cylinder (small hole to the rear, at the bottom) clogged or sticky airpack! My 5 cents.
And, IIRC, if the Master Cylinder rod doesn't have enough free play travel, then it can't vent the pressure when the brakes are released, through that little hole, back into the reservoir.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And, IIRC, if the Master Cylinder rod doesn't have enough free play travel, then it can't vent the pressure when the brakes are released, through that little hole, back into the reservoir.
This is exactly what happened with my m818, I had replaced the MC and the rod was just a tad too long... kept having to stop and open a bleed screw. Thought I got trash in the MC or air pack. Adjusted rod and was smooth sailing.

tobyS

A bobbed deuce. Unless an A3, it has 1 3/8" cups in the wheel cylinders. The A3 uses a 1 1/2" cylinder on the front and has1 3/8" on the back.

Thing is, the 11/2" wheel cylinders will fit with a small rod length modification on both front and back on the deuce and since the back axle is removed, even the stock system single circuit, can deliver about 20% more force. The volume of fluid on 6 wheels with 1 3/8" is about equal to 4 wheels with 1 1/2"

With everyone going to even bigger singles than the 14.5 on the A3, there is a need for more braking force so please consider using the 1 1/2 like the A3 front allthe way around your bob deuce

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks