• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce brakes

JeremyB

Hello all,I just picked up another deuce and alas it has NO brakes. The air pressure builds up,but no stopping. Do any of you gentlemen have a starting point to go from?:cookoo:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does it have fluid? Fill it and bleed, look for a leak, and read the TM.:wink:

JAYHAWK 1962

Air /hydraulic brakes. If the air is working and the brakes aren't. I would tend to think it is a hydraulic problem. Same recommendations as others. You might want to checfk for blockage in the brake line coming from the master cylinder.

Mitymac

Fill with fluid, (dot 5) pump the brakes till you get some peddle. Refill. Now have someone pump up the brakes and hold peddle down. Go to each wheel and bleed of air and close value, pump up again and bleed till air bubbles stop. Important keep fluid full and the peddle cannot be let off while bleed valve is open at your wheel. Your peddle should continue to get harder to push sooner. If you did get brakes but the truck pulls when stoping you still have air at wheels opposite of pull start with them again. When working under check for leaks at cylinder and coming out of brake drums. If that works check later drums and cylinder and lines and replace bad parts. Good luck!

89m1007

i have an air leak on mine, there is a line going on to the dash that i bent over and it built up 150 psi and the line popped
open again what is this line for?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
do a search for "power bleeder". Several members built a power bleeder out of a garden sprayer. I copied it and it worked great. The reason I recommend this is because it took quite a bit of fluid to get the rest of the air out of my brake lines. I had the same problem and it was taking forever to bleed them the old school way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks