• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Bumper Markings

Memphisdoug

Can anyone help me out with the meaning of the bumper markings on my deuce? They 16MP82386SAB on the right end and HHC 08 on the left. Thanks in advance!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Can you put up a pic of the actual bumper? the 82386 seems a little weird, SAB=separate armored brigade

, HHC 08= headquarters & headquarter company, vehicle eight,16 MP=16th Military Police Brigade (Airborne) Ft, Bragg are there no - or / between numbers? Home Page

Memphisdoug

Hard To Read

I don't think putting up a picture of my bumper will help. The markings have been painted over and are pretty hard to read. I'll give it another look tomorrow and see if I may have those numbers wrong. What should I expect to see?

Memphisdoug

Revision To Right Bumper End

Ok - I went out and looked again this morning and the right bumper marking is different than I originally thought. It is 16MP 3-238G SAB. Does that make more sense? Thanks again

Armada

I'm guessing that's probably it Wayne, if it's on the bumper of the truck in his avatar.
That looks like a shot off the GL website taken of a truck at the Camp Grayling airfield.
The truck I got from there says on the front bumper,
left side: 246 TRANS BN right side: 1463 TC 48
I read it as 246th Transportation Battalion, 1463rd Transportation Company truck # 48.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Memphisdoug

46 It is

papercu - you are absolutely right. It is a 46 which makes a lot more sense since I did indeed get the truck from Camp Grayling. I was wondering how a truck from N. Carolina had made its way all the way up there to be auctioned. So - what can you tell me now since all the numbers seem to be correct. It's amazing what different sun angles will do when you are trying to read through overspray paint!

papercu

Doesn't seem to be a lot on it, 3-238 GSAB (General Support Aviation Battalion) is/was based in Grand Ledge, Michigan and is part of the 46th Military Police Command. Wayne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks