• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce by the roadside!

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recently returned from a trip north of the border. On my way back I spotted these trucks. The first was near Bolivar, NY on highway 417,and was rusty. The other 2 trucks were on the corner of 59/46 in Smethport, PA.

Attachments

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For that matter did you notice all the trucks, etc. 4 miles north of Smethport on the left....at Valley Petroleum? Little museum there.
Yes, I've stopped up there before. I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't stop this trip. I will be by there soon and hope to have more time to linger there. I also stopped this trip in Eldred at the WW II Museum.

Attachments

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, hey, thanks for posting the pic of the Museum wall. They just repainted that not to long ago. For the longest.......time I have been meaning to take a few pics and post them. Though I do think it look more real with the old paint. maybe in a few years after it starts to fade I'll like it again. Alot of nights, but not always, there is a light that is lit on the turret....looks cool at night.

As you know from stopping at the museum.....back in the day Eldred was a huge supply source for ammunition for the war.
I agree. When the paint was faded it did look like a complete unit running through the wall!

Attachments

Tanglewood16137

the ones on corner of 59 and 46

seen them 2 times in past 3 weeks been up that way i see 5500 for 1 and 6000 or 6500 for the other kinda rusty for that jing then there is this mv hoarder up by the nudie bar he has them all over the place.

Joe just kidding i had to say that!!!:roll:

Rod

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks