• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce caretaker

Howdy all. I do not own a deuce yet. I will probably get one in a year or so when finances work out better for me. I certainly do want one. Anyways, my buddy volunteers at a non-profit camp in the back woods of WV. He mows and does other stuff for the property. He mentioned to me that the guy in charge of the camp ("Chief") has a deuce for the camp and it needs someone to take care of it. I volunteered for the task because I'll be up there a couple days a month this summer anyways teaching rope rescue and such to the counselors in charge of their ropes courses.

Since I'm pretty new to deuces, I don't have much details for you about this particular one just yet. Just a bunch of pictures. I know that the deuce does need a new exhaust pipe for sure. Otherwise, it seems to be in great running shape. Since this is a non-profit camp, and the deuce is really just a means for them to get in and out of the camp when the stream that crosses their road comes up, they are not interested in modifying it beyond what suits their needs. NDT tires will remain on the vehicle, the passenger seat won't be swapped to a springer, they really don't care for a repaint, etc. This deuce doesn't see much road time at all, though it is registered to the owner of the camp.

Troop seats in the rear, not much rust on the deuce at all, the engine runs strong, the winch works very well, and it drives quite well. Has a turbo. My plan is to learn more about this deuce, read up on servicing it, and keep it in good shape for the camp. Any suggestions would be awesome. Can someone tell me more information about this deuce from the crappy pictures? Let me know what else I should do for it. Thanks and enjoy the pictures :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks