• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce center console

pad_cdr

I couldn't find a thread specifically on this topic, so thought I'd start one. If there is another, please point me towards it.

I have a second driver's seat I will be replacing the passenger side bench seat with. This will leave me with room to put in a center console. I found a few threads that show a center console as a part of the thread, but though I'd post and ask folks to show what they came up with for their own center consoles, and gather ideas here in one location.

Please post some pictures or plans of what you have built, or ideas that you have thought up for a center console.

Ford Mechanic

Fixing to build a center concolse in mine. Useing a 20MM ammo can it's big! Just the same width of the trans hump and just right length. I plan on in stalling cup holders in it and eventually a radio with 3 speakers all plumbed into the can. It will be non-opening when I get done, and right now I plan on just cutting down the passenger seat to fit and have the mother in law recusion and fix the cover while it's out. I will try to post pics tomarrow of the can, fixing to start removing passenger seat today.

pad_cdr

Might want to take a look at these.
I picked up a few similar Crown Vic center consoles at the last police auction. They went for next to nothing. Might use them, or some of the pieces (arm rest, computer table, etc). Still looking for good ideas. I like the 20mm ammo can, and have one laying around in the garage, but not sold on it yet.

Ford Mechanic

The 20 mm ammo cans arn't hinged, they have latches on both sides. I plan on bolting the bottom in the front direct to the trans hump, leaving the front latch intact. The rear due to space and the need to remove it in the future I plan on cutting the latch part off. Useing all-thread a little longer than the box is tall, secure it at the bottom first and drill 2 holes in the top to pass the all-thread thru. Preform wiring ect.... Reinstall top, latch front and use 2 acorn nuts to tighten the rear of the top down. Give me about 2 weeks I'll have pics and either post them here or start a new thread showing how it came out.

Woodsplinter

I built my own "up-armored" console out of 3/4" maple plywood and aluminum trim. It's very solid and has a concealed compartment which is held closed by rare earth magnets. It locks securely and is attached to the top of the inspection tunnel with large sheet metal screws. That way I can remove it if I need to take the tunnel off.

Attachments

Tlauden

I built my own "up-armored" console out of 3/4" maple plywood and aluminum trim. It's very solid and has a concealed compartment which is held closed by rare earth magnets. It locks securely and is attached to the top of the inspection tunnel with large sheet metal screws. That way I can remove it if I need to take the tunnel off.
Wow, thats awesome!!! A job well done!!! It amazes me the craftsmanship skills some of you guys on this forum have. I could never build that haha

UnrepentantSinner

That is awesome! Would you be interested in making another one of those to sell to me?

Woodsplinter

Thanks Tlaudin!

That is awesome! Would you be interested in making another one of those to sell to me?

Sinner, I can make it but not right away. Parade season, followed by painting the deuce. My materials cost was about $140 (aluminum was about $70), labor negotiable.
Let me know if your still interested.

Mark

Looks good. Since it is steel, sit in the driver's seat and make sure you don't wack your arm on the box when you move the steering wheel. I mounted a power control box on the back of the cab and I decided to change to a box with less depth to avoid just that problem.

I don't have one but the old Jeep CJ7 console comes to mind. I would incorporate 2 cup holders, make it lockable, double as a padded armrest, and possibly have a CB and or stereo installed in it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks