• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce clutch adjustment

MDSA

I am completely unaware of how to adjust my Deuce clutch. Every TM I’ve checked has no info on adjustment, only replacement. Can someone tell me which TM explains how to adjust a Deuce clutch? Thank you

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am completely unaware of how to adjust my Deuce clutch. Every TM I’ve checked has no info on adjustment, only replacement. Can someone tell me which TM explains how to adjust a Deuce clutch? Thank you
Not a whole lot of adjustment to do other than to ensure that you have some "free play" in the linkage. Guessing there is a 5 speed manual in your truck?

Are you having some specific problem?

MDSA

The clutch engages right at the top. I read that there should be 1 1/2 to 2 inches of pedal before engagement. I assume it needs adjustment

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The clutch engages right at the top. I read that there should be 1 1/2 to 2 inches of pedal before engagement. I assume it needs adjustment
Yessir. Should be some free play in the "fork to rod" connection. Another thing to help confirm the need for adjustment is by looking inside the inspection plate in the clutch housing (bell housing). The throwout bearing should NOT be turning. If it is, the clutch isn't completely disengaged.

This picture from @HanksDeuce shows the clutch fork where the rod that connects to the peddle is. You should adjust by making that rod shorter. Don't mess with the nut and bolt that you see on the top left. That is a splined connection that should not need to be changed or adjusted.

Hank'sDeuce Spicer & PTO.jpg

Last edited:

biscuitwhistler37

Screenshot_20240410-142355_(1).png I'm having the same problem, thought it was in the shifter shaft, took advice from @gringeltaube and drew the conclusion it wasn't. If nobody minds a little thread resurrection/hijacking I'm knee deep in going in through the top. So far aside from pedal play, measurements check out but I can't see well with the pto in the way (which now explains why the TM calls for removal). If I should start a new thread please let me know, any and all input appreciated20240410_131038.jpg

biscuitwhistler37

20240410_172505.jpg
So far I've found this bar measures 14in centerline to centerline, supposed to be 14 3/4. Right around an inch and a half of pedal travel, pedal is set to maximum height through the floor. The orange line looks backwards to me according to the TM, maybe I just read it wrong. Onward we go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks