• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce clutch disc

beemerphile

I just bought a spare clutch disc to put back for the day when I eventually need it and I was amazed at how little friction material there is on it. How long do these things generally last? It seems like it would be down to the rivets after a couple of starts.

F18hornetM

Most clutch discs do not have much material on them above the rivets. But I would say your mileage would depend on a lot of factors, mostly your left foot!!
It is amazing how long the discs last with that small amount of material on them.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
When I built my dropside truck, I put a used clutch in it. Some of the folks here can attest to the abuse/use my truck gets. If you drive the truck right-
don't slip the clutch or ride with your foot on the clutch peddle
- it will last a long time. I have towed a lot of weight and had over 5tons in the bed. They do what they are designed for, and do it well.

beemerphile

If you drive normally and dont beat it offroad you will probably never need that disc.
Incredible. Obviously it works, but I just wasn't prepared to find that little of a contact patch to pull a block or iron like this. I stock lifetime spares for everything I run. My kids can sell them as NOS when I'm off to my reward. I'm fine to never need it. Heck, I even have parts stashed for a Toyota pick-up. "You don't need parts - they come with parts."

197thhhc

I'm the same way. I have stacks of parts for our vehicles and i still have them for ones that are long gone. Along with a huge collection of chiltons manuals and dealer service manuals. i think its a sickness.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks