• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce coming home

FreightTrain

Banned
RE: another picture

hee hee hee,Same here.Just ask Joe!Think I called him about every day asking him if a south bound truck had been found.The worst was the 3 days I waited after I got the news it was on a trailer(big blizzard wouldn't you know!).

Travver797

Of course it goes without saying that you're on your own as far as purchasing a set of these ramps is concerned.

serp

truck arrived today, cant wait to get it registered and take a ride. lots of learning to do. i read almost all of the deuce forums. you guys are great ! lots of good info and tips.

serp

i found a leaking left front brake hose. ordered one saturn surplus and installed it today, still have not driven truck since delivery last fri. hope to take first drive on fri. all registered and insured and ready to go

Deuceswild

Take it sloooooow and easy the first time out, get used to it AND the other motorists around you,,,,, some people just don't seem to notice these things ( I don"t know why )
so ALWAYS be on the defensive side.
Nice Looking Truck Too :!: [thumbzup]

rdixiemiller

If you don't have a huge amount of experience with manual transmissions and larger trucks, you may want to head out of town to a fairground or a large open field (with the owners permission) and practice backing and manuevering around obstacles (plastic garbage cans make great obstacles!)
The deuce is not hard to drive, although some have a little trouble getting used to the 4th/5th gear pattern. Backing with mirrors is a bit harder. I have been driving larger trucks my whole life, so I was used to it. Get the mirrors adjusted to suit your driving position in the seat. I leave mine a tad low so I can see the edge of the rear body. When I was learning how to drive trucks, an old timer told me that more accidents occur when backing up than any other time. Next was following too closely, truck brakes are slower to react than modern car systems, and heavier vehicles have longer stopping distances. You definately want to drive the deuce defensively!
Have fun with your new toy!

serp

drove the duece for first time today. very very fun. i drove it around my cousins large diveway first, to get used to it. then out on road. went through center of town, lots of waves and stares. so far so good.