• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce cranks, wont start #1000

3dAngus

Where would that be?
And I thought you knew everything...:D

I believe it was in the HH portion of the IP. Source was IslandguyDon.

Do you recall when Steve drove my M109 from Georgia to Michigan. He got to North Georgia and the machine died when he went up an Interstate ramp. It was an idle issue. Turns out, every time they idled, it cut off the engine. If they kept it well reved, the machine would keep running. Steve was suppossed to stop by your place on the way to Michigan for you to look at it, but they pretty much so had it going and didn't want to stop, because they found if they never idled, it was OK.

When they got back they tore it apart, and found a broken spring in the IP or HH. I'm not fully positive, but I think it was in a fuel shut off or idle plunger. I thought you knew.
Maybe you weren't in that part of the after the fact conversation.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I asked as the OP said he had the HH off for inspection. That means the HH spring would not be suspect. I believe the IP just needs some fuel cleaner run through it to help clear up the "hunting" issue.

OP, how much has the truck been driven? also, here is a link for the sea foam I spoke about:
http://www.seafoamsales.com/

sturkopp

Truck has 4600 mls/670hrs. I rarely have the time to drive it more than perhaps 50mls per month and i dont drive in winter due to salty roads

sturkopp

Finally got it running with gallons of break cleaner, turned the IP 1/4, now it starts immediately,

runs smooth and better than ever before, almost hits 65 downhill :shock:

still dont know what it was, perhaps some bio-sludge in a hidden corner of the IP???

Sold the deuce this morning, buyer has done his 200 mile trip home with no issues

no I can get to business with my new toy: a CUCV M1010 Ambulance :)

Thanks to all you guys for the help and the knowledge you shared, I really apreciated

Another Ahab

Lot of good content in this thread!

And I can't remember now just how I ran across it, but glad that I did.

What's your latest news in Deutschland, sturkopp? Got any pictures of your M1010?