• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce done (for now) and home *pics*

Banshee365

Well, after a week of work when I had time the truck is finally done to where I could bring it home. The new exhaust, and C turbo is installed and runs awesome. The dropside bed is on and functions great. It has some low spots between the supports from weight but overall it's in good shape. The tailgate needs to be sandblasted and primed and I'll probably do that next week. For now the truck is about to move alot of brush after I trim all my trees on the farm tomorrow back to the burn pile that will be going. Nothing like putting it to work early. Here are some pics of the finished product, it's been very rewarding so far. Take a look at the problem pic below and check the caption. What do you guy's think? Winner?

-Kelly

Attachments

Banshee365

Here is a picture of a fresh oil leak from what looks to be the head gasket after the 45-60 mins of driving at speed last night. I hear all deuces leak somewhere and this could be considered normal. I don't see any coolant in the oil or vise versa and don't see any oil loss on the stick yet. I could plan a weekend or two to get the heads shaved and install a new gasket for the winter and just drive it for now. Seems like it will be fine for a while as long as it doesn't leak all the oil out.

-Kelly

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine too. If I don't steam it, after a couple of weeks it starts running down the left side too. Nice lookin' truck!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good Kelly. I would drive it until it presents more of a problem. How did the turbo swap go? Any issues to report? I did one in about 5 hrs but had a bear of a time getting that dang plug out of the block.

houdel

RE: the front 40 or the back 40?

Nice truck - wish mine had a winch. My engine also leaks a little oil in the same spot, seems to be a common problem. I just power wash it off every so often. What's up with the tailgate extension?

Banshee365

RE: the front 40 or the back 40?

There isn't any sort of extension. The dropside beds have taller tailgates, personally I like the look better. Larger from behind. Worked the truck hard today clearing brush and burning stuff. It ran non-stop from 9am-5pm or so and didn't miss a beat. I figured since it wasn't sitting more than 5-10 mins I'd just leave it running. Used the winch quite a bit to move some large logs and piles of brush and it worked flawlessly. I snapped an 8-grade chain in half trying to pull a rotten stump over, which didn't want to budge. Dug 10 holes in the ground, I know the front axle engages now. Might seem like alot but the truck didn't hard seem to have to work at all. Very happy with it at this point.

-Kelly

Armada

Another tailgate extension....
I think dueces are the best kept secret for farm/work trucks. I have always been amazed at how effortless the winch will work when pulling itself (the truck) out of something. The engine will not even labor.
Nice pics banshee.

Attachments

gunner01

tailgate extension....

The tailgate extension is a high tech Gov. issue air braking device intended to slow the vehicle down.........

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: tailgate extension....

I figured since it wasn't sitting more than 5-10 mins I'd just leave it running.
I seemto remember reading somewhere (maybe a PS article on the Operator's manual) that if it was going to idle up to 30 minutes, that you shoudl just let it run and not shut if off.

I think dueces are the best kept secret for farm/work trucks.
Ditto! My truck has been a huge help to all of my yardwork projects. Hauled stuff that would have required 10 trips in my SuperCrew.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks