• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Door hinges

bonedoc

Good morning Everyone. Got most of my cab back together yesterday and will post pics today in my thread but had a quick question. Anyone know the best way to adjust hinges. I searched the TM's and some threads but could only find info on removing pins and refurbishing hinges. I replaced all my hinges on my truck. I realigned them before I painted it. All seemed good but my passenger side door seems to align properly on the bottom but the top needs to shift forward maybe an 1/8" otherwise I won't be able to get my weatherstripping on my hardtop around the glass.
Anyone have any suggestions which way to adjust the hinges? Slide it out, slide it in,etc, which direction affects what direction?

Thanks

bonedoc

Well I was out looking at the door again and I think I have it figured out. I was able to adjust and shift the top cab mounted hinge half inward about a 1/4" This made the door...though it closes stiffly it does now close and latch completely and looks square in the door opening. The window has about a 1/4" clearance from the hardtop rearward of it from top of window to bottom. I'm going to loosen the hardtop bolts and shift the rear section back about an 1/8"-1/4" so the there will be clearance for the hardtop weather stripping and its mounting brackets.

RAYZER

These door and hinge alignments can be tricky!
I have discovered that there are two different types of door hinge, they differ in thickness and will affect door alignment depending on placement.
You can also use home made shims behind the front half of the hinge to adjust alignment.
If all ealse fails, lay them on the anvil and take a big hammer to them!

bonedoc

Thanks for the info Rayzer. I saw your post and others. I thought about shims but I needed to make the door shift forward. I think shims would of moved it back further. I was able to shift the hinge enough to get an acceptable alignment. Think my next choice would be a BFH and a vise on the hinges...lol!! My hinges are all new and appear to be cast so even bending my not be an option.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks