• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Door Locks?

DeuceNewbie

I have read a lot of posts concerning deuce security and have come across just a few posts on locking door handles with a few referrals. the only thing im not sure of is mods and how well they actually fit.

anyone have and handles that were "easy" to install for a do it yourselfer? anything match up on the holes alread in the door? where did you get them if so etc....id like to purchase some asap so when i go get my truck i can install them the night i get home

thanks in advance and thanks to all who have answered so many of my questions!

wsucougarx

I was going to add door handles with locks but decided I wanted to keep the original looks. My solution was to do the combat door locks:) Keep a window unlatched. Jump up on the fender, open the window, reach in and unlock the door...viola.

Alex400

I was going to add door handles with locks but decided I wanted to keep the original looks. My solution was to do the combat door locks:) Keep a window unlatched. Jump up on the fender, open the window, reach in and unlock the door...viola.
careful who you tell that too, now everyone knows how to get in your truck!!! :p J/K slick idea, I like that.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try this link. I have them and I am currently installing them. You'll have to cut off about a 1/4" from the shank and drill out one of the holes to about 15/64" to 1/4' for screws to line up properly. I also plan on getting some tamper proof torx machine screws. They can be installed horizontal or vertical. I bought two and the keys matched.

Trailer Parts Superstore - Outside Surface Mount "L" Type Door Handle #B2394L

They are chrome. If you can get around that they should make a nice stop gap security measure.

USMC6062

That's what I do along with the chain around the steering wheel if I'm wanting to secure my truck. I haven't got around to it, but I plan on welding a tab to my windshield frame and to the bottom of the pop out windshield frame with a hole in each tab so that I can padlock the windshield from the outside.

yeager1

I like the idea of the locking replacement handles, but have yet to find one of high quality; most are imports that are light weight and of poor quality with very crappy locks (the 4 disc kind that any key or screwdriver will open when giggled around). If anyone knows of a high quality one, I'm interested.

SGTStewart

I like the idea of the locking replacement handles, but have yet to find one of high quality; most are imports that are light weight and of poor quality with very crappy locks (the 4 disc kind that any key or screwdriver will open when giggled around). If anyone knows of a high quality one, I'm interested.
When you are giggled around are you telling a joke to make it work, cause I've never opened a lock while being giggled. :mrgreen:

Snarky

I do that too... Or I did till I took the doors off...

cessnatwin

I added a small piece of steel welded to the door and the body, near the handle, very cleanly rounded it and drilled it. Then I just pad lock it when I feel it necessary.

tiger422

Try this link. I have them and I am currently installing them. You'll have to cut off about a 1/4" from the shank and drill out one of the holes to about 15/64" to 1/4' for screws to line up properly. I also plan on getting some tamper proof torx machine screws. They can be installed horizontal or vertical. I bought two and the keys matched.

Trailer Parts Superstore - Outside Surface Mount "L" Type Door Handle #B2394L

They are chrome. If you can get around that they should make a nice stop gap security measure.
I used the what looks like the same handle all I did was file it to look like the handle that came off truck. Took care of the chrome with sand paper and OD paint.
I like it so far no more jumping on fender and reaching in windshield.

tsstout

(B2394L) Outside Surface Mount "L" Type Door Handle - Truck Equipment, Truck Bodies, Truck Accessories & Equipment Parts - Kaffenbarger Truck Equipment Ohio Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, New Carlisle

A little dremmel work... Cut off a little and round off a section of the shaft so it looks like the original and it bolts right on... And I ordered 2 and got the same key for both... Painted, they almost look original... And I feel much better about the leaving stuff in the cab.. You have to mess around to get in now... rather than just open the door...

Most folks are nervous messing around too long on a military truck for some strange reason ;)

txdodge43man

I got locking door handles for my M35 from Vintage Power Wagon alittle monification on the length and little griding on the square bar to make it match the driver side handle and some green paint they work perfect.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MYOTHERSANM!, I ordered those handles you linked up, I will try them thanks for the tip
Copy that, cessnatwin. Glad I can help. I have put only one on the driver's side so far. I "combat lock" the pass. side. They are not the most military looking locks, but the are a nice stop-gap security measure.

Remember, the more obstacles you put before a "bad guy" the less likely they are to commit a crime. But, if they really want it nothing is going to stop them.

Gastrap

I bought the L shaped garage door replacement from Grainger. The bolt pattern was WAY off, no way to make them work.

I just lock the door with a broomstick through the rear window. Steering, e-brake & battery switch are all locked with padlocks- the door just keeps the kids out :-D