• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce doorhandle/mechanism quest.

keithc

My inside drivers doorhandle works fine, but the outside handle is not moving the latch. I started taking it apart today. The handle itself looks fine-does not appear to be stripped. Is it safe to say I need a new internal mechanism. Anyone ever replaced one?

Nevermind. I just found Major Toms detailed latch repair post.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Usually, the handle on the outside gets the "square" rounded off and stops working. Try pulling it off the door and look for bare metal. That would indicate "wear" on the part that moves the latch.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a small arm that gets bent up and doesn't engage as it should. With a hammer and punch this can be bent back into place (gently) and it will work again.

I replaced my original with a new one when I installed a new door. I suspect it was made by New Star. After it failed twice I lubed up the old one and put it back.

There is a thread here with pics on how to repair. If you can't find it I'll take pics in the morning.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mechanism can be taken apart and if the cam has its edges worn like knives, it has been slipping under the slide. A careful use of a file will fix it and the rest of the thing up, and a very good cleaning and some lithium grease. The trick is unbending the tabs holding the thing together in such a way that they don't break and can be bent back and tightened down with a light hammerblow or two.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks