• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Drop sides

swampzr2

Does anyone have pictures of a drop side deuce with the sides dropped? Couldn't find much on the WEB or here. What percent of deuces were made with drop sides? I don't see many, maybe 25%??

Jimma

There are members who own some. There were a couple at the GA rally last week so pictures should be available. There are not that many of them out there that I have found.

AMGeneral

:ditto:

What he said,
My 1967 Kaiser/Jeep M35A2C w/winch aka "Oddball"

For some reason,it's not often you see a factory dropside winch equipped truck,any thoughts as to why not?

Attachments

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to agree with Gimpy, they are pretty handy. I would trade my bed for a whole truck though (I've got a spare dropside bed I can put back on). :-D

Mark2X2

For some reason,it's not often you see a factory dropside winch equipped truck,any thoughts as to why not?[/QUOTE

My guess would be, a drop side would be more of a support truck. A winch isn't really needed for remf's.

Mark2X2

My guess would be, a drop side would be more of a support truck. A winch isn't really needed for remf's.
That could be the case. But, wouldn't a winch be a good thing on a drop side deuce. Would make it more of a tool then just a transport vehicle. :deadhorse:[/QUOTE]

Why do you need a winch on a truck that most likely will never need it?
:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are quite a few dropside trucks with winches. Most of them didn't come from the factory that way though (mine included).

tm america

Mine is a m35a2c wo/w from the factory.I installed the winch.My bumper markings were dirrect support and troop command.the drop side is soo much more useful than a non dropside it isn't even funny...you can drive a drop side with the sides down without rubbing if it has singles with the hubs flipped;-).thats why they have the rubber pads on the mud flaps

OD_Coyote

I love my dropside bed... I call it a poor man's dump bed, being that it is much easier to offload gravel and dirt with a frontend loader tractor.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a dropside owner, I will say this - They are kind of a pain if you don't use or need them. The tailgate closure is not simple like the non dropside, and if there are people sitting on your troop seats, it can be very difficult to close the tailgate sometimes.