• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Engine Container - sealing

EtherBop

Hello,

Finding quite few threads on engine shipping containers, but not quite on mark.

I have a couple of new LDT-465-1D engines in the original containers from an auction, but they were not sealed.

Hoping someone can help me discover the process for sealing the containers or offer pointers/advice.:?

Thanks in advance!

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
post 30 in here and more ....
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?89076-LDT-s-in-the-cans/page2

look in here, page 531 or somewhere abouts.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?130592-TM-9-2320-242-34p

TM indicates box is pressurized with N2, and it was me I would fill engine with oil with container full of bags of desiccant. It was mentioned about backing off compressed valve springs too.
Also, there is a military preservation oil out there that may have been used.

There must be someone on SS that, in the military service, did take these out of the box. They would know. Maybe one of our ex or current serviceman could chime in.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Close all open valves on the motor by way of rocker arms,vacuum down can,charge with nitrogen. No problem. OR
The last motor I put up I ran it,let it cool and closed all open valves by way of rocker arms. You could run it,drain all fluids and close all valves. No problem no vacuum.

Last edited:

EtherBop

Excellent info Floridianson - since I have two A1 condition engines, I may try both. Seems like the second method would be the "faster" one to get into a truck when the time comes…suppose it doesn't matter much though :deadhorse:???

Truly appreciate the feedback!

Jeepsinker

You could post the engines up for sale, or at least one of them, and cut your worries in half... The motor you have really depends on the depot that built it and the build date.