• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Engine Overheating?

RedOctober

I was driving my deuce today with my friends everything was going well did not notice anything unusual. but i just happened to look at the temp gauge and it was at or above 240. i don't remember seeing it jump or that my engine was acting differently. i slowly crept home and checked the coolant level which was fine. i turned the gauges on and off to make sure it wasn't stuck. What else should i try to do? I hope my engine isn't done for.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nah, 240 isn't bad. I think "they" say(don't know who they is, but I read it somewheres) every degree over 300 you cut your bearings life in half. I would check the thermostat in a pot on the stove to see if/when it opens. It might be time to have the radiator rodded out.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gauges are known to be wrong. Need a temp gun to find out if the temp gauge is right.