• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Engine paint

panzerjunky

Anybody know what the original OD color is on an M35a2 engine and who would sell it in a rattle can. part no ect. I have some touchups to do as well as repaint the raidiator where we had to re solder a couple spots on the supports.
Thanks Jerry

emr

What color is your trucks engine? it would have started out 24087, Now thats probably... from the years most of us have, what year is yours? could have been rebuilt and a later carc color used. and as faded as it probably is alot of guys say the paint they bought does not match even though it should be correct, ...over time it will if it is a close match, The military never worries about an exact match, only hobbiest. the most correct truck does not match.the most factory correct restoration to the date of manufacture does....But period correct for what U want your truck to be can start in the engine compartment, Bottom line is do not expect auto correctness in matching these colors, even if U repaint in the future with any of the aftermarket brands, they fade, they all fade. so although this may not have helped at all, it may have too. In NJ i use Arvoe from Allen Hague the paint man He is in the MV book, But U may want someone closer, there are some that swear by one or another, they all get the job done,But an A2 is probably 24087. Good luck,all the best....Randy...:-D

Last edited:

panzerjunky

This color you after? These pics are out of my '88 M35A2C
Yes that is the color I am looking for my engine looks identical to yours in cond. Just need to touch up.
Although in looking at your pics I am missing the cover on the top of the engine right in front of the road tube pasenger side it covers a couple round items no clue what they are there is a 1/8 in fuel line comming out of one of the parts . I just want to know what the parts are called so I can order a cover from somewhere.
Thanks Jerry

Westech

CPL
From what I have found and seen the factory engine from the manufacture was a light blue. I have seen two original M type trucks like this (one 2.5 and one 5 ton) and talked to the owners. The reason you see the green ones because it has been rebuilt or at least taken out of the truck for one of the 1000 update programs the trucks have had.

emr

I do not belive that all were that way, mostly opinion here, I have never seen light blue, but sure like knowing it was done, that is vary cool, I do believe alot were OD from the factory, I have not seen a trace of another color in or on the 6 or so motors I have either pulled or painted, Now this is my experience, not from the defense contractor, i would guess like everything else, there may be some other also, would love to hear from Mr. David Doyle on this...The later deuces now being sold all seem to have OD and carc motors at the facility here.I do not belive most of them were rebuilt, ...

wsucougarx

From what I have found and seen the factory engine from the manufacture was a light blue. I have seen two original M type trucks like this (one 2.5 and one 5 ton) and talked to the owners. The reason you see the green ones because it has been rebuilt or at least taken out of the truck for one of the 1000 update programs the trucks have had.
No I don't think that is correct. My '86 M35A2C and '88 M35A2C both have the original MF engines, trannies, and transfer cases. However my '68 does have a rebuilt as shown by the rebuild plate just below the manuf engine plate. Both of the original engines are the same Gloss OD Green color as well as the trannies and transfer cases.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks