• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce engine swap?

Kfcrampage

For a while I’ve been considering buying a deuce. But I don’t like the multifuel engine they came with in M35A2s.

My dad said he worked with Cummins for a little while and on their test track was a v903 twin turbo engine swapped deuce. So it was kind of ridiculous.

But I was wondering if it’s possible to put an 855 Big cam into a deuce? It seems most people opt for the 5.9 but I’m just curious if anyone has tried or know if it will fit.

Last edited:

Jericho

You can retrofit anything just depends how much time money and effort you want to put it. Engine too long stretch the nose. Engine too fat tubs out on the fenders etc Just depends on your modification appetite

snowtrac nome

A c or b series will fit well, why not poke at your dad and put in a cat engine. just opt for a high hp model not the 190 and under that the a-3 uses, I always thought a dt 466 would fit in nicely too.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Your money and time.
Let us see.....
consider
42 bucks an hour labor
75 bucks an hour shop time

Calculations indicate one should go to dealer and buy a Raptor with everything, stay clean and have bucks left over to take her to dinner.

Or stay home together for a home cooked meal because your hands are still clean.
home cook.jpg

Just a thought............................

Last edited:

snowtrac nome

The Canadian deuces had 6V53 Detroits in them .
I also heard they had 8.2 fuel pinchers in them, I assume he wanted to ditch the multi fuel so he didn't have to wear double hearing protection. The road oiler would also require double hearing protection, but there is no sexier sound than a 2 cycle jimmy on start up.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Given the inclination and enough money and time and expertise you too can run in excess of 11000 horsepower, see
http://www.enginelabs.com/news/video-test-shows-top-fuel-nitro-engine-makes-over-11000-horsepower/

Or you could just have a Deuce with a multi fuel which will burn various fuels,
(including 100% NEW motor oil), not complain much, has no electronics, one fuse, will always start and run and lasts long long time GI.
Can put three tons of steel in it and drive across plowed fields and up mountains.

Is is for the decisions of each individual to get what they want.
Do you really really want to work that hard?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also heard they had 8.2 fuel pinchers in them, I assume he wanted to ditch the multi fuel so he didn't have to wear double hearing protection. The road oiler would also require double hearing protection, but there is no sexier sound than a 2 cycle jimmy on start up.
8.2 fuel misers, for sure.

oboyjohn

I worked on the Canadian Deuces for 20 + years and they have the 8.2 litre V-8 engines in them. They also have an Allison MT643 ( I believe) automatic transmission. The engine was a high speed diesel, red lined at 3250 RPM and gave our deuce a top speed of 90Km, give or take a few.

8_2-front-526w.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks