• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce engine vibration

gotojw

Well I hope to contribute back some when I do this electric power steering mod. Not sure how it will work, It looks as if I will be a guinea pig test for this. I haven't seen it on the forum yet... maybe I just overlooked it. Won't get into the details yet... don't want to jinx it! Haha. I was looking at possible stack routing options for moving stack of fender to the back of cab. I think it is cool on the fender but it is insanely loud. Read that moving it will quiet it a bit. Torn because I like the fender stack and sound but something needs to be done! Haha. Looked into spray on bedliner for inside the cab also. I did spray the underside of the removable drive train access panels.... I don't think that made any real noticeable difference, but it's only like 10% of where all that sound can come from.

gotojw

Update. There has been a "wobble" develop at low rpms. I don't hear anything change with engine operatin sound. I am researching harmonic balance and am thinking maybe that is the issue. Wonder if that is ca using the high rpm vibration issue/sound as well. I will be reading more on harming balancer information. Any thoughts on best way to test this? Thanks.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Update. There has been a "wobble" develop at low rpms. I don't hear anything change with engine operatin sound. I am researching harmonic balance and am thinking maybe that is the issue. Wonder if that is ca using the high rpm vibration issue/sound as well. I will be reading more on harming balancer information. Any thoughts on best way to test this? Thanks.
go drive around, run engine a while, shut down and take heat gun to harmonic balancer.
How hot is it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks