• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Engine years of manuf. by producer

Does anyone know if deuce and a half ever had a buda engine. I was just looking at one. That has a buda engine in it. The guy claimed it was from 1974. Are buda engines any good.

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know if deuce and a half ever had a buda engine. I was just looking at one. That has a buda engine in it. The guy claimed it was from 1974. Are buda engines any good.
Welcome to Steel Soldiers! Is the Deuce that you're looking at an M35? I had to Google what a Buda engine was, I had never heard of them. According to the "net", Buda engines were bought out by Allis Chalmers in 1953. I've never heard of a stock military Deuce with that brand engine. Not saying it's impossible, but a 70's Era Deuce should have a White, Continental, or Hercules mulitfuel engine. The later versions had a Caterpillar diesel engine. Could you post a photo here of the truck you're looking at? It's entirely possible that someone swapped a different engine in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks