• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Facelift

engineer233

This is my duece I got last year and I finally got around to giving it a facelift. Im no bodyshop tech but I think it looks better. What are you're thoughts ? The winch is off of a local electric company of road truck. It's a 12 volt so I had to install a chevy alternator extra and another battery, but it works great.[/ATTACH] IMG_2220.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2571.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

IMG_2575.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

mikew

I think white bumper numbers, hood markings and door stars would really make it stand out... but it look great as is too!

engineer233

Thanks , I like it the way it is but I agree i need to change the bumper #'s . White will stand out alot better. Any ideas on the star for the door ? Stencil or decal?

OldDominionIron2

Cut out a 16" star out of posterboard, tape it to the door (top of the star is 6" below window, I beileve). Outline the inner and outer points with a pencil, then connect them with a straight edge. Mask the star with blue painters tape, cover the rest of the door with newspaper and spray at least 3 light coats of white (lusterless). Let dry and remove paper and tape. Repeat for other door.

KYViper1

I think that the numbers look good as they are. I might be wrong but I think that white numbers just wouldn't fit the era of the truck. I may be wrong though. Great job on the paint. You must know what your doing.

asgtoolman

Don't worry about not being a body shop technician; you probably did a better job than they would have because IT IS YOURS AND NO ONE CARES MORE THAN YOU DO ABOUT THJE FINAL PRODUCT!!!