• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce floor mat

houdel

There is a reason Deuces do not have floor mats, the same reason that the rubber mats were pulled from the CUCVs. Its called water. During rain or wintry weather, water gets trapped between the rubber mat and the floor pan and stays there until either the water evaporates or the floor pan rusts out.

I agree with Crazy Matt (who may not be so crazy after all). Buy yourself a gallon of Rhino liner, slop it on one thick layer at a time until you build it up to about 1/4" thick or better. H*ll, you can even buy the stuff in OD green!

Crazy_Matt

houdel said:
I agree with Crazy Matt (who may not be so crazy after all). Buy yourself a gallon of Rhino liner, slop it on one thick layer at a time until you build it up to about 1/4" thick or better. H*ll, you can even buy the stuff in OD green!

I can make OD green when I spray rhino - that bad thing is it comes in 3 55 gallon drums

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I can make OD green when I spray rhino - that bad thing is it comes in 3 55 gallon drums
Perhaps you could brew up 165 gallons and sell it in incremements necessary to do cabs and beds-then sell it to Steel Soldiers members...........

Of course, I just realized you will need to bring the equipment to spray it to Aberdeen!

Crazy_Matt

LOL Or havea rally In north idaho. Problem with that is that my spray booth is way way to small. I might have to do some magic tricks to even spray my deuce cab.

rmgill

I made up three pieces of carpet using outdoor deck carpet for the cab. One over the hump and two on the floor plans holding it down. I have to reach down and flip a part up to get access to the winch plate, but it's otherwise good. It helps with the airflow up through the cab through all the holes and gaps and helps with heat and noise. It's easy to remove too and since it has surface area and small holes, will dry out quickly if/when it gets wet protecting the floor from corrosion.

ironhorsethegeneral

We got some regular insulation and sewed on some camo material and placed in on the inside firewall, one section over the hump, and on both floor pans. A rubber mat on each floor pan.

houdel

Ryan - not too bad an idea. Does it come in OD green? I've been toying with the idea of buying the black, brush on bediner coating material from my local auto parts store and brushing on a couple of coats to avoid the corrosion problem. Then I was going to go to my local ag parts store and buy some of the 3/4"-1" rubber horse stall mats. I'd do a "cut to fit" for the flat parts of the floor from as far up from the kickup at the front of the dash to the rear of the cab. It would probably have to be done in sections to fit around the cab floor tunnel, glue the pieces together with silicon adhesive, and I'd need to make a cutout for the master cylinder access. Then I'd repeat the process for the tunnel - Cut flat pieces for the tops of the tunnels, use my jig saw to make angle cuts for the horizontal parts, do the same for the sloped side parts, and again glue them together with silicon adhesive. I'd probably include some overlap from the sides of the tunnel over the flat floor sections. Should go a great job of keeping engine heat blowing up through the gaps in the tunnel, and greatly reduce interior cab noise!

Crazy_Matt

Id stay away from the rool on type bedliner stuff. It seems to always come up or flake or something.

I sprayed the door panels on my duece awhile back and the corners are coming up alreay - free respray it looks like on me. OD is not a great paint for making liner stick to I also found. Might try some of my handy dandy primer next time.

Could always look into purchasing speed liner and mixing that together and kinda towel it in on the duece - its a real bedliner and sticks like mad.

FreightTrain

Banned
Floor mats in a deuce?!?!?!? Whats next?Fuzzy dice from the center bow,Tassles over the windshilds,Underglows,Hydrolics(Hmmm,That might be kinda wild....)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks