• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Flywheel Ring Gear

Jersey4x4

Well I have in my shop a M45 Fire Truck that is getting a new clutch. Simple 1 day project, no biggie, Until. I pulled the flywheel to resurface it and I found there were real badly worn teeth in 3 spots on the ring gear about 4 teeth wide in all 3 spots. No biggie, we do ring gear repairs all the time so I cut the flywheel and I was all ready to put on a new ring gear when I found out I cant get one locally. I did the Google thing and nothing. I crossed the NSN and got 5 different part numbers for the ring gear and still SOL. So to my main question, Where can I find a ring gear for the LDT465? I have a contract date of 4/2006 so I know they were still making them but who has them? Oshkosh, wohlert, brockway, diamond reo and e c a etabli all have part numbers listed and all cross back to the same NSN with a discription of a Flywheel Spur Gear but they dont cross to anything else. I am now stuck:cry: I would like to get the clutch job done and get paid but I can not put this back missing some teeth, I just would not feel right and with my luck it will fail as soon as the truck goes home. Any help or leads would be great. Thanks

Also I have a NOS clutch kit that is extra if anyone is looking for one. Make you a great deal.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For a new ring gear, try a Hercules engine dealer?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On most flywheels, unless the teeth are completely gone, you can flip the ring gear and install it upside down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks