• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce for practical off-road work

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run a M35A2C on our farm. They won't go everywhere but they'll go more places than any other truck of it's size on the market. I've gone through some rough places but I've got a cousin that uses one I sold him in logging. You wouldn't belive the loads he hauls and the places he goes. Scares the crap out of me :shock: .

Katch1

a deuce is the perfect farm vehicle, no matter what joe blow says. I've had a lot of wood on mine, and went through knee deep mud, no problems, but like rockman says ice is a whole nother story. They are cheaper to operate than most civilian trucks, and there is more pride in ownership, at least for me.

rizzo

run it stock and upgrade as needed. one of the problems I encountered was that on soft ground the front tires will bust through the turf layer and the rears will float on top. depending on how often you run in those "spring like" conditions when the ground is saturated with water you may want super singles up front or all the way around.
most likely you will not have to change a thing.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have used deuces and 5 tons on the farm for about 30 years. I haul grain, wood, stone, fertilizer in bags and seed, etc. I highly recommend them as a farm truck. Chains in the bad stuff, at a minimum on both rear axles really makes a difference. It depends on what kind of mud you have whether the space between the duals will pack full, really limiting traction. The chains help that, or I used to take off the outer set of wheels on the tandems to cut through better when snow was really deep. I had no stability problems with them off in normal use and sensible driving. I suggest also turning up the fuel setting from what it is from the government. They are dogs when you get them. Turn the fuel up and it is an entirely different truck without compromising longevity when driven by an operator who knows when and how long to use it. We also use them to pull gravity wagons and implement trailers.
Regards Marti

Rolling_Eudaimonia

If you plan on using it off road mostly than fulltime Detroit Lockers would be a nice addition, since they will give you positive traction. They will reduce turning radius but is that a big deal on a farm?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks