• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce For Sale on PCH in Malibu

Capfacsurf

Maybe my little town has got the wrong reputation. I was driving home and almost caused a wreck, slamming on the brakes to pull over for a Deuce on the roadside with a For Sale sign on it. I have been wanting one for sooo long, but just haven't been able to pull the trigger.

So when one appears in my neighborhood, a real rarity, I just gotta investigate. The truck looks complete,but like it just came from GL. Paint very raw, no major rust, interior intact, radiator leaking. Pictures tomorrow.

Called the owner who tells me he is asking $16,000! He bought it from Vandenberg. Had a deal to sell to a movie studio for $20k :lol: , but the movie fell through. So now he will do me a favor and sell it for ONLY $16k! What a guy! (hope he isn't a member here :oops: )

He also told me he ran it in 4 feet of water for 30 minutes, "cause the snorkel is up so high". Didn't bother to ask him about post swim maintenance. He must figgure some billionaire is gonna just pay him the $16k on a whim. My little town has got a bad reputation.

M1075

For $16,000 that must be one fine deuce! Please tell me it is not the black one with the chrome wheels and bumper. Have you seen the thread on the "malibu style deuce"?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, I also stay in M.D.R. and would be interested in seeing this...BTW, anyone want mine for $15,999.00 let me know.

Towman2277

Yeah, the studio guy said "What?! $16,000!!! Thats 8 dueces from the sane fella's!!" Tell him we would have gave him $20,000, to make him fell better, then hang up!

Capfacsurf

No, it isn't the "Malibu Deuce". I see that black and chrome thing way too often. Nice Can Back cover on it, though. I am waiting to see the For Sale sign on that truck.

The Deuce I was talking about wasn't there when I drove home last night, so no pictures. Was it a nice truck? Any Deuce is a nice truck! But this particular one had received no restoration work that I could see. It was rather rough looking. The fellow had an 805 area code, so I reckon he was just carpet bagging on PCH, hoping Mel Gibson or someone would send their personal assistants down with a bag of cash. I have heard that movie studios overpay for stuff, but that was ridiculous.

By the way, if any of you fellow Angelenos are planning on doing some maintenance on your Deuces, I sure would appreciate an invite to come watch. I am going to get one, and the more I learn, the better.

Shucks, if it wasn't for Steel Soldiers, I might have been down at the bank trying to get a loan for $16,000 Deuce!

mhb285

I went from the #10 in Santa Monica to the Pt. Magu shooting range today on PCH, no truck spotted...Nice ride checking out work sites all the way up and back. Nice work day in Malibu :')
FYI
Mike

Capfacsurf

Yeah, the weather has been amazing. I think the seller decided to offer his "bargain" elsewhere. I saw the seller had run chain through the rear wheels to prevent theft, as well as through the steering wheel. Seems to me that anyone looking to steal a truck as big as a deuce would have tools to cut chain.