• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce forum Monster Garage team

rdixiemiller

I think we could put together a Kick A__ Junkyard wars team. I am a professional "2nd shift engineer", Spicergear and Trango have done just a little wrenching. Yeah, we could definately do that.
The monster garage thing is just a little too weird for me, chopping up perfectly good vehicles just for the heck of it,
Nah.

Desert Rat

I'd love to be on the team! We'd need someone to scrounge parts (Hmmm, Howard Hammond's for practice?)

Elwenil

I'm in. Junkyard Wars is the coolest. Monster Garage is a piece of crap and it's all staged anyway. Even Jesse James is ticked off at it, and doesn't take any of it seriously anymore. I'm not bad at fabrication myself. I'm kinda know around here by my friends as the guy who can make anything from nothing. I kinda like that...

Deuce-bigalo

Include me in for Junkyard Wars - I think they are a little better than Monster Garage. If your any lesser than Jesse James (and he thinks most are) I wouldn't want to exert the energy to fight the additude and would rather put that energy into the project!

John

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Me and a couple of the guys from the Memphis MVPA put together an audition tape for JYW a few years back. We never heard back from them, but it was fun just making the tape. I haven't seen JYW in a long time. Is it still on TLC?

red devils dude

steelsoldiers said:
Me and a couple of the guys from the Memphis MVPA put together an audition tape for JYW a few years back. We never heard back from them, but it was fun just making the tape. I haven't seen JYW in a long time. Is it still on TLC?
no and I would know :cry:
I've been watching Junkyard Wars since season one now I have to buy DVD's from england.

cten

Gee, I do not know what your all talking about.

I'm watching junkyard wars now on the science channel

Its great on a wet weekend and they are having a Junk Yard Marathon.

Regards,

Dieselsmoke

I agree we would all make a great team, however, I can not stand Monster Garage after what they did to that classic Bronco :skull:

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Junkyard Wars is indeed no longer in production. :cry:

I was fortunate enough to get on the show twice. I was there for the last show - The Great Race. (2004)
http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/junkyard/episode/greatrace.html

and Combat Harvesters (2003)
http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/junkyard/episode/season_11_04.html

The actual junkyard set in N. Hollywood has been disassembled, and all of the tools have been liquidated.

The original show was created in England and was called "Scrapheap Challenge"
Last I heard, they were still producing it there.
http://www.channel4.com/science/microsites/S/scrapheap/

It was one of the best shows on tv. It was fun and educational. I think its demise was due to big-wig tv corporate executives deciding that there was not enough screaming and backstabing (like survivor and other reality shows), and they canned it. Too bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks