• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce frame weight

cyamaha2007

Do you guys know what a bare deuce frame weighs? Also do you have a pic im trying to figure out how to get one home. I need to load this with out a lifting device. I hope you guys can help.

JCKnife

I might have an engine hoist available by then. We could at least lift one end with that to get a trailer under it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need to simply decide on what trailer to use, I'd say count on it weighing 2500 lbs.(bare, just rails and crossmembers.)

Use a tree, rope and block and tackle. Lift one end, back under it.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need to simply decide on what trailer to use, I'd say count on it weighing 2500 lbs.(bare, just rails and crossmembers.)

Use a tree, rope and block and tackle. Lift one end, back under it.
Or a couple of floor jacks about a 1/3rd of the way back on the frame and drag it on with come-longs. Might need a little blocking depending on height of trailer . If the trailer has ramps put some planks over them and drag it up.

Last edited:

cyamaha2007

my trailer has no floor. ive been using it to build my building and lack of the floor helps with hauling building materials. Once the barn is done i will install a steel deck. So if the frame is smooth it will slide up perfect. I know its not but i dont know if the top is of the frame is smooth. alowing me to flip it over then drag it up.

Flyingvan911

You will probably have to contend with rivets in the frame. I say lift one end into the trailer then tie it down and drag it forward a little then lift the other end and slide it on the rest of the way.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A deuce frame doesn't drag well top or bottom. In the rear you have the trunion or at the very least tbe fixture it bolts to. On the top you have the rear cab crossmember which probably elevates 10 inches. Some blocks or cribbing, a 10 ft 4x4 and a jack should help suspend one end. I can do it with one bottle jac but prefer.a high lift jack. Bumper jacks work well too. The reason for the ten foot timber is so that the trailer can be backed under it.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I scrapped one years ago (before I knew the value of front springs) with the front leafs on and no rear suspension parts at all and I think it was around 1900 lbs.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm sure we can get it loaded one way or another! Worst comes to worst, we can chain it to our trucks, and drive away from eachother, there by lifting it off the ground so you can back the trailer under said frame.

JCKnife

I'm sure we can get it loaded one way or another! Worst comes to worst, we can chain it to our trucks, and drive away from eachother, there by lifting it off the ground so you can back the trailer under said frame.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVhTDNlbsSc[/media]

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Or he manage's to roll it over some how:gimp2: I vote some kind of engine hoist, and a winching device on the trailer. Maybe some kind of lube like silicone spray, or some thing like that, to help it slide.
There was some petroleum jelly ( a lot) for sale in the old classifieds

JAYHAWK 1962

Bring along a gl guy with forklift. No guarantee it wont be damaged. Maybe a couple of cherrypickers. Just watch out for the balancing so it doesnt tip over.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks