• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce from Sparta WI.to KY

TBM-35

I need a deuce hauled from FT.McCoy WI.to Russellville KY.I had it all set up before I even started bidding but the guy backed out on me at the last min.Is there anyone close to sparta that would be willing to get it off the base for me as a last resort?My DEADline is 15-June.THANKS......TONY

PS.I have had it on uship sense fri.with NO bids.Im starting to get a little nervus.

Alredneck

Banned
Is this been moved, I have the Tire contract at Spart and if you don mind some tire in the back of a deuce can load on my trailer with everything else.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I already have it at my shop for him. He wants to keep the steel cover on the back so I doubt it would fit on your trailer. But you are welcome to drop tires off for me anytime you want. Or I could even offer to pick them up for you on one of my many adventures to McCoy. They'd at least be a bit closer for you.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I am open to a new driving assingment when my present one ends

Alredneck

Banned
I have a 40ft lo pro flatbed, I have carried regular deuces with cargo canvas and bows in place with no issue. M109s as well. Was just wondering since I will be up that way on a semi regular basis for the next year! Let me know if I can help.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I will pass the word along to him, but as for now he is coming on Friday for it. Also with the built cover this deuce is just shy of 12', so that would have to be one very low flat bed.

kennys@wi.rr.com

Well they are on the way. They will be taking I39 through IL to 74 and then across to KY. We figure if all goes well they will be home by 12:00 tonight. I will keep progress reports coming as I get them.

kennys@wi.rr.com

I talked to TBM-35 at 2:30 Central time and they were just North of Bloomington, IL. The truck is still running fine, with the exception of an overly strong throttle return spring. Will update on their next fuel stop.

flyxpl

I talked to TBM-35 at 2:30 Central time and they were just North of Bloomington, IL. The truck is still running fine, with the exception of an overly strong throttle return spring. Will update on their next fuel stop.
The accelaerator pedal on my A3 is very hard to push all the way to the floor ,compared to my A2 . I believe this is because the pedal on the A3 is also hooked up to a cable going to the Allison tranny . The tranny cable makes some tight turns that may make it stiff . If you get under the truck and look at it , it is kind of a funky setup .
Just reread the whole thread , looks like he is picking up an A2 . So my theory was wrong . Whish them a good journey , boy did they have a hot drive .

Last edited:

kennys@wi.rr.com

Well when I picked the truck up there was no spring there and all we had was a clutch spring and we had to modify that to work. It's a bit stiff, but I think he'll be fine, I hope.

ryan77

The banjo music is getting louder.

Thats funny!!!!! I just drove through there yesterday!!!! Got stuck 30 miles south of the TN border 3 hrs for a bad accident involving a rv and a suburban!!!! Glad to be back home!!! Driving a m1028 dually 600 miles going 55 is not fun!!!

TBM-35

We made it in @ abt 0230 truck run great no probs (except deuce butt)
Will post more later,have to go work on wife's truck.:-x aua

TONY

P.S. THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT WAS THERE & SPECIAL THANKS TO KENNY

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks