• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce fuel pumps

landfillman

I found an old deuce in the woods the other day and talked to the land owner. He said a logger left it there 5 years ago and he was wanting it off his place. The logger went out of business and couldnt be reached.

I did notice that there was a tank on top of the cab about a 20 gallon on the headace rack. A line was brazed to the bottom of it and had a line down to the injector pump. The truck was just a Boom tender pulling the knuckle boom around the site and a water wagon. I ve gathered that Dueces have an electric pump in the tank. Do they also have a mecanical lift pump as well? We have a JD scraper at work with and electric tank pump and a lift pump and injector pump.

I couldnt see very well as I had a swarm of red wasps mad at me.

It looks to be a straight truck the cab and front end were super straight. THe tires all looked good except one outside rear that was bad. THe batteries had been chainged to 4 six volts in series.
I figure if I look around enough I can find one super cheap. This may be the one.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is only an electri transfer pump in the tank. The IP will do some pumping, but if the supply is broken from the tank to the Ip, It will be really hard to start, if not impossible, without the "in tank" booster.

It can't be too expensive. Runners are not too bad to come by! When they sitt that long, it takes a lot of TLC to get a vehicle up into dependable condition.

DieselBob

I found an old deuce in the woods the other day and talked to the land owner. He said a logger left it there 5 years ago and he was wanting it off his place. The logger went out of business and couldnt be reached.
Just a heads up. Not sure about the laws where you are but before diving in head first do you need a title to get it tagged. Just wouldn't want you to end up with a costly lawn ornament.

landfillman

Im not worried about the lawn ornament part, I bu and trade and sell trucks of all sorts. If I get it for the price Im looking at it could be parted out for profit.
The truck was tagged and titled. Ill have to put an add in te paper for 90 days for the original owner to call for it. THe county clerk is working on it as an abandoned vehicle, meaning left on the the landowners place for that many years. The title search came back as the owner deceased a year ago. If his kin dont want the truck for an out rageous price or the price of storage I can give scrap for it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks