• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce fuel system update/overhaul

Westech

CPL
Well dudes it has started. I am removing and replacing all the "air brake" tubing with Flex loc hose 1/4 and 3/8 inch. I am using all brass fittings and also changed out all the filters to spin on type.
I will keep up to date pictures as this should take me a couple weeks to do. There are a couple fittings that are hard to find and take a week or so to get here.
I will be taking out the flame heater and installing a Ether starter kit.

Attachments

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
what are you using for the line for the injector return lines? i see a threaded fitting there. Im not that fimiliar with the flex loc hose.

Westech

CPL
Flex Loc is just like any hose you can get at Autozone just that it is rated for 250 PSI working Pressure and is made for barbed fittings, it locks the fitting in and trust me you it will not back out.

goldneagle

I am probably going to get hassled for this but, I think you butchered the filter installation! I don't see why you didn't gut make an adapter plate and mount the filter heads slightly above. It would have eliminated the need to cut off the ears off the support plates.

Also what happened to all the rest fuel lines that were attached to the old filter housings?

Westech

CPL
This install was made to be simple... and work well.... I can spit shine a turd if I work at it enough. I do not have all the fittings to finish the install yet. There is one Return line that I will be removing. If you look at he TM's for the pump the return line that is hooked to the filter housing really is not needed for the spin on filters. Its a pop off valve... If the filters get clogged it will dump right back in to the tank.. If you are thinking what about inlet pressure there is a pop off valve on the injected head also.... so we good to roll.

westfolk

Since you went with two filters in a series flow pattern just like the original what 2 different micron rating filters are you using?

Adapter plates for the fuel system is the worse there is. I made them for awhile, but I couldn't stand the idea that sooner or later the gaskets/seals would dry out between the plate and the housing and cause problems. Hence why I went with a kit that changes the gasket everytime you change the filter.

Why two filters are not needed on the side of the engine, and a check valve is needed. Another way of doing things.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eAEA4JD6WY[/media]

Westech

CPL
The first filter is 12 Microns the 2ed is also 12 and the 3rd I hope to find a 6 micron. The bases I have are for Detroit filters and the Wix cross is 12 Microns. I have to do some searching to get a lower rating. Even if I left it at 12 that would be just fine.
I am running 3 so I do not get clogging after the Injection pump and I will be running a high percentage of filtered WMO.