• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce fuel tank question

Z71

Did they ever use different fuel tanks (instead of the 50 gallon single tank) on some deuce models? Like a couple of 55 gallon tanks for the tractor version, for example? I forget which truck uses two 55 gallon tanks, is it the 800 series wrecker, or tractor? Anyway, I do not believe it is possible to mount one of those 55 gallon tanks in place of the existing 50 gallon deuce tank. as the 55 gallon tank has different dimension, and is more cube shaped than the elongated deuce 50 gallon tank.

Z71

Are you wanting to mount another fuel tank on your truck ? It is really easy to do.
I just wanted to replace the existing 50 gallon tank because it has a lot of sludge buildup in it . The new tank is of different size and will not fit the existing mounting brackets.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's just sludge, I'd just clean it out an re-use.

If you have access to a farm tractor, you could try what folks over on the tractor forums do. Remove the tank, fill it with some gravel, chain the tank to the side of the tractor rear wheel, and go for a drive. Doing this will pretty much knock anything loose on the inside. I suspect a MV could also work if the tire is big enough to keep the tank from hitting the ground.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the M818 tractor used 2 fuel tanks like what you describe...did you get one of these?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks