• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Fuel (used oil)

M-1028

Hey guys I'm new here but I have been lurking for a while.

I own two M-35's and have seen where some of you guys are running filtered used oil in your tanks.

I also own an automotive shop that produces about 200 gallons a year of used oil. Mostly motor oil, trans fluid, and gear oil.

My question is can I somehow set up a filter, water separator, pump type system to my used oil tanks and safely run the trucks off the oil and a diesel mix?

Stan

I thought I saw you out there. Yes you can run it as you described. It seems that the point of question is how to filter it and how much to filter it. Some just run it through a coffee filter while other do as you describe plus a centrifuge. Lots of talk on here about options, I would recommend you do a search of past discussions.

Westech

CPL
200 gallons a year? the shop i was running (till i joined the Army) we were up to 200 gallons a week. I was running my deuce on 80% used ATF and she loved it! I just filtered mine using a coffee filter and changed the fuel filters on the truck once a year. Never had a problem.

M-1028

Re: RE: Deuce Fuel (used oil)

Westech said:
200 gallons a year? the shop i was running (till i joined the Army) we were up to 200 gallons a week. I was running my deuce on 80% used ATF and she loved it! I just filtered mine using a coffee filter and changed the fuel filters on the truck once a year. Never had a problem.
LOL

It's a small shop, that deals mostly with modifying 4 wheel drives and metal fab.

Here's a pic of my truck to give you an idea of what we do.
[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f27/M-1028/P1010151.jpg[/img]

Thanks for the reply

M-1028

Re: RE: Re: RE: Deuce Fuel (used oil)

Westech said:
Hey that sweet. Always nice to have a place like that to make some money and have a place to work on your own stuff.
Yea, dosn't pay the bills, but feeds an addiction. Pretty much a place for me and my buds to work on our toys and make some extra cash from time to time.

Thanks

jatonka

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Deuce Fuel (used oil)

Hello M-1028, That's quite a crawler you have there. My son does that stuff. He's in Low-Range magazine this month as 2nd place stock class with his #8 gold Samurai. He was heading for Texas this September but We-Rock went broke and gave him stock options instead of place money so he cancelled. On topic, the military says to run 1 gallon waste oil to one tank of fuel in an M35A2. Others run much greater percentages than that. somewhere in between should be OK. Good luck, JT out

dirtyfingernails

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Deuce Fuel (used oil)

Silly question perhaps, but used oil contains heavy metals from bearing wear, etc. I guess those metals would be released through the exhaust if burned in the deuce. Would that be bad to breath? Heck, you're not even supposed to TOUCH used motor oil anymore.

M-1028

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Deuce Fuel (used oil)

jatonka said:
Hello M-1028, That's quite a crawler you have there. My son does that stuff. He's in Low-Range magazine this month as 2nd place stock class with his #8 gold Samurai. He was heading for Texas this September but We-Rock went broke and gave him stock options instead of place money so he cancelled. On topic, the military says to run 1 gallon waste oil to one tank of fuel in an M35A2. Others run much greater percentages than that. somewhere in between should be OK. Good luck, JT out
That's cool, me and my friends would love to compete but we're not at that level and our rigs are bigger than most of the courses. I didn't hear we rock was broke, BUMMER. I was at the comp in Boyd Tx last year and the one in spring this year. Hopefully he'll stay active in the sport.

Thanks

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Deuce Fuel (used oil)

i never thought of using waste oil for fuel cause it is dirty, but after seeing this thread and reading about a centrifuge, it realy makes me want to get in on the action. this might be a dumb question, but can you run the filtered waste oil in regular diesel engines when mixed approprietly with diesel?? im talking about mainly farm tractors and equipment with out emissions parts on it. i work for the state, if burning in conventional diesels is not going to hurt anything i could prolly talk the bosses into buying me centrifuge parts since i work on all the equipment, and then i could get even cheaper fuel cause i can clean my own on the clock :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks